Server Crash on RP2

Hi All,

I have a delta with a dedicated Raspberry Pi 2 running Server 0.70.1 which ran without issues.

Then I added a server to my windows notebook to help with rendering of images.

I added the windows pc's API codes etc to the RP2 server's connection, which it was able to access and it knew that it could render on the remote server.

But after I added the API codes to the RP2 server things started going wrong. Repetier Host, connected to the RP2 server, would crash repeatedly during a print. And the Server on the RP2 would crash after the print is done. Rebooting the RP2 did not restore the Server. I had to shut down the server running on the windows box before rebooting the RP2 would start the Server again.

Note that none of the Servers have a pro key installed. Don't know if that means anything.

I have removed the remote server from the RP2 settings and now the server is running well, and Repetier Host also does not crash anymore.

Thank you,
Errol

Comments

• Pro key is currently not required, only after beta ends.

It is strange that the host also crashes. After all it only communicates directly with the pi server. So I wonder what went wrong between the 2 servers that it caused to do that. Have you checked the server log. There you normally get some output from the transfer. I guess that something went wrong confusing the pi server. Servers have a log of jobs to do and will retry after restart so if there was a job that could not remotely handled, it could start a thing making problems.
  • The Host was not even actively doing anything. It was just on the server tab, watching the printer movements. Otherwise untouched. And the Host crashed independently of the server. The host would crash in the middle of the print, while the print goes on, then I would restart Host, and it would follow the print a while, then crash again.

When the server refused to start, there was nothing strange in the log. The log said that the server started, but it was not accessible on 3344.

• Ok, host crashes independently from server is good. It should not be able to crash a server by crashing on it's own apart from that it should not crash at all. Will connect it to more server prints to see if I can create the crash as well.

With the server I hope it happens to me so I can better debug it.

• For Repetier Host crashes I regularly get this. I don't know if it is GFX driver related though. And it happens while Repetier Host is in the back ground and I'm busy with other tasks...
    Message:"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."
    Stack Trace:
       at OpenTK.Graphics.OpenGL.GL.DeleteBuffers(Int32 n, Int32[] buffers)
       at RepetierHost.model.GCodeVisual.Clear()
       at RepetierServerConnector.ServerConnector.Connect()
       at RepetierServerConnector.ServerConnector.RunPeriodicalTasks()
       at RepetierHost.model.PrinterConnection.handleTimer(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Timers.Timer.MyTimerCallback(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
       at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
       at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()