USB and/or TCPIP connections

I would appreciate advice/help with connecting Repetier-Host to a 3D printer (FDM), specifically with USB and TCPIP connections. 

Repetier-Host has indicated that a connection was made with both connection types, but the commands do not appear to get sent from Repetier-Host to the 3D printer (or are not recognized by the printer). Host also does not seem to be able to get the printer's status.

For the USB connection, I have used the manufacturer's recommended BAUD. However, this does not result in a connection. Using a different BAUD, a connection is established, but does not seem to function.

A similar issue occurs with TCPIP connections. I have not found an ethernet port number for the 3D printer after internet searches as well as the manufacturer's literature.

USB drivers have been updated and refreshed; software and pc (windows 11) restarted.

Comments

• tcp is unlikely to work. We need a tcp connection directly to the printer firmware which newer printers normally do not have. Instead they have a tcp webinterface instead.

With serial make sure to use correct firmware. Some printer need also a special combination of rts/dtr state to work. Important is if they are high or low at the end. So try all 4 combinations with known baud rate. And make sure to use serial usb and not maybe a usb connector for usb sticks. Some printers have both.