Batch edit projects and set preview images on folders?

edited September 29 in Feature Requests
I print files from two different locations so I have two RP servers running. I love that I can access them from either location and run multiple printers from both and recently discovered the wonderful "Projects" area. I initially thought this was just for planning groups of gcodes but boy was I wrong. I wish I explored it sooner!

So now I've been on a mission to move hundreds of files off of Google drive and over to this far superior solution. I already figure out how to address the server to use my secondary drive for more storage space but this is taking a long time to slowly edit all of the details. 

So enough jabber and here's the ideas:

I would love to batch edit the projects uploaded to have specific Licenses and tags. I have multiple artists that I pay for commercial licenses so I like to mark them as such. I have at least 800 models to shift over and more to download that I'm behind on so it would be incredibly useful for me at this point. Even setting defaults for specific folders would be nice.

Also an option set preview images for the folders. I have them all sorted out into the different artists to make finding their files easier and I would love to visually be able to go to their respective Logo. Not a huge deal but a handy idea if nothing else.

Thus far it's been well worth the effort to upload everything to the server as it's so much easier to navigate and see what I have. I already looked over the info in the manual about projects but saw nothing about this information so hopefully I'm not just missing these features somewhere. I think this is my favorite feature so far though.  <3

Comments

• Due to the amount of extra computation done on each project upload there is not much for batch processing.
    You can upload a zip file and all files inside get part of the project, so if you have folders for each model and zip them it might be faster. Also inside a project you can drag and drop multiple files at once to speed up adding a bunch of files.

There is no batch edit tags/licence and I do not think it will come.

Image for a folder is a nice idea. Have to think about this one, but currently I need to finish new printer solutions. But I put it on my ideas list for new features.
  • Ok I completely understand. I have been uploading them primarily as zips. Figured that one out quickly and I really appreciate that feature. It'll just take me some time to slowly organize everything but it is SO much nicer than what I was doing before. I saw you were working on implementation for things like the Bambu printers which is amazing and I appreciate the work put into that. I've been begrudgingly using their program but I'm getting spoiled by Repetier the more I use it. :) I miss a couple features from OctoPrint but the pros WAY outweigh the cons and those features have already been discussed.

Great job so far and I look forward to future updates. ^_^