Repetier 232 does not work on k/Ubuntu 24.04

Repetier 2.3.2 AppImage works perfectly on Kubuntu 22.04, but it is impossible to get it to work on Kubuntu 24.04. The AppImage file generates a lot of errors in the console related to GDI+ and doesn't start at all. When trying the tarball, even after installing the Mono libraries, the application launches with a glitched and unusable GUI. Kubuntu 22.04, every time I start it up, shows a countdown (currently 282 days) until the distribution stops receiving updates. I would like to ask the developers to provide a solution to make the AppImage work... perhaps by producing an updated version of the AppImage file, as it is likely outdated and no longer compatible with the latest distributions. Thank you.

Comments

• Will have a look at it for next release and try updating mono.
  • It would be great to have a solution before the end of support for K/Ubuntu 22.04.
  • The 282-day countdown to the end of support for Kubuntu 22.04 apparently was a bug from Canonical. Today, all my Kubuntu PCs have stopped showing the notification, and the Ubuntu website now states that 22.04 will be supported until 2027. So much the better for me. However, the problem on Kubuntu 24 still persists. If you fix it, I can update the machine where I run Repetier-Host. Thank you.
  • Please redownload the AppImage. I have added a library that was missing. It is not libgdiplus but libtiff in version 5 while newer linux distros now have version 6 which did not fit. Worked on ubuntu 24.04 for me.
  • Now it seems to start correctly, I tested it on the office PC. I will need to update the PC where I have the 3D printer to version 24.04... thank you for your support.