Copy or transfer settings

Hi,

This question might be have been asked and answered all ready, sorry. I did do some searches but couldn't find anything but if it is already answred then please point me in the right direction.

Does Repetier save settings in files that can be copied from one computer to another?

I've had a 3D printer for years and used Repetier Host to drive it but I've not used it a lot. However I had set up Repetier to match my printer, a K8200 with various upgrades. But my laptop that ran Repetier has packed up. I've extracted the HDD from it and I'm wondering if there's a file, or files, I can copy off that to copy all the settings to the replacement computer.

The old computer ran Windows 8 and the replacement runs Windows 10.
It looks like I was using version 2.3.2 of Repetier Host.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Comments

• Settings are stored in Windows registry so complicated to recover.

However slicer settings are stored on the hard drive. Where depends on the slicer you used. cura engine in work directory/cureengine and Slicer/Prusa slicer in AppData/roaming/slicer and slic3rPE I think. Eventually local roaming.
  • It's a pity that the settings aren't accessible. I know I've tried to look for some way to export them or back them up in the past just in case this sort of thing happened but when I couldn't find a way I forgot about it. I wish I'd raised it as a feature request.

I'll look through the suggested directories for the slicer settings.

Thanks for your help.