Setting up a whole farm: need guidance

Hello everyone. I am new here. I have been working with OctoPi to try and automate my print farm. This has been met with various degrees of success. I have recently discovered Repetier and am considering switching over to it, but I would like to talk with the community before I do. 

I currently operate 5x Creality K1 Max printers, 10x Creality Ender 3 Neo Max printers, and 30x Creality Ender 3 V3 SE printers. I do intend to add more in the future. Right now I have them set up in "banks" of 4 units each, connected to a Raspberry Pi 4 running OctoPi. This is not optimal, because I have to login to each individual bank one at a time in order to monitor what's going on. My Neo Max printers lose a lot of functionality when they are connected to the Pis, something about the USB connection breaks the Neo Max. I want to be able to monitor the print jobs remotely via webcam and stop printers if they are failing. I also want to be able to send files to printers that are not actively engaged in a print job. I do know that the K1s currently running Klipper would need to have the Repetier server installed locally, but am not sure what that entails yet or how to incorporate them into the larger system.

What would be my best course of action with this setup? Thank you in advance for any information and knowledge shared!

Comments

• You surely need less running instances here. We have an extra desktop solution Repetier-Server Monitor that combines multiple running server instances as if it is one.

Regatding klipper printers we hope to be able to connect via moonraker in near future soon, so no local direct connection to klipper would be required. For local connection you more or less install server like you would do manually on linux but would need to solve permission issues with predefined klipper e.g. Changing user the server uses to the one runnning klipper.