Amf with modifiers not previewing properly in host.

I am attempting to use modifiers in slic3r to change infill pattern/density for sections of a single object.
I have made the necessary changes in slic3r and exported everything as an amf.
When I import the amf to repetier host both the model and lambda modifier show in the same group, positioned correctly but when I the slice with slic3r in host the preview only shows the model infill without the modifiers infill.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

Comments

• Host always generates a new amf and this will always loose modifiers in old amf. So this is not supported in host due to different possible slicing solutions.
  • Ahh, I'm just confused since it was on the forum that a member was advised to use this technique in slic3r to change infill density.
    So does that mean that if I load any amf file that host will generate a new amf? Why does host generate a new one? When I load the amf exported from slic3r, host does recognise the shapes of the model and the modifier.
    Should I export the combined model and modifiers as gcode from slic3r instead? I had avoided that since host cant render a preview based on gcode.
  • It is because we support multiple slicers and slic3r needs amf, prusa slicer 3mf and curaengine gets it as stl. So we import geometry and build it combined as shown on plate. In host you can only modify complete print. If you need different settings you must slice in slic3r directly and load g-code in host afterwards.
  • No worries, Prusaslic3r gcode viewer can reconstruct the gcode to provide a preview of the modified model.
  • What has g-code viewing to do with this? G-cod eviewing uses comments in the g-code to detect features just as Repetier-Server does as well when reading g-codes.
  • Prusa G-code viewer, which was installed when I upgraded PrusaSlicer to version 2.7.2, will generate a preview of a sliced model from a gcode file. I can use it to verify that the modifiers are applied correctly from Slic3r. It just adds another step to the workflow. When I load a gcode file into host, no preview is generated, the gcode can simply be edited by text.