hardware upgrade

Yo Techo,
I have just completed upgrading from ver 1.6 to ver 2.3 on my Pibot printer hardware. I am running Windows 10 Pro at the latest release. I have upgraded my firmware via the Repetier website. I had a problem when I attempted the upload via USB3 but could send commands successfully via this port. I was able to upload the firmware via USB2 port so I no longer have that issue. I also am running the latest Repetier host software. Occasionally my extruder has hit the max Y end-stop. i have not yet attempted a print. I have now installed the 6 end-stops but the Repetier website removes the maximum settings. How are the end-stops configured?
Best regards
alby

Comments

• > but the Repetier website removes the maximum settings.
    You mean in config tool? I still see length for x,y,z even with max end stop added. Must be less than real distance to endstop.
  • Guys,
    Thanks for your swift reply. It is the Arduino config tool. I downloaded the raw firmware from Repetier - modified it for all 6 end-stops and uploaded it for the Repetier to verify(?) and the new firmware was downloaded. It removed the 3 maximum end-stops. I think that I did not specify the extra end-stops correctly so Repetier removed the maximum stops.
    The firmware that I received had the end-stops listed between lines 243 through 311. The lines that I altered were between line 243 - 284. I did not understand lines 288 - 311 so I did not change them. What do these lines mean/do. Can you give me a sample firmware configuration that uses all 6 end-stops?
    alby
  • Please do all config changes in the tool. They are stored in 2 places one for the tool and one is the result. When you modify manually the tool will not see it and remove your changes.

At same place where you change the min (mechanics-> Endstops) endstops are the max endstops defined in the tool.
  • Yo Techo,
    I am now able to configure the 6 end-stops and Repetier approves the modifications. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of the timeouts when attempting the upload. I think that it has something to do with modes, (either edit or eeprom). I am confused with the Repetier documentation. 
    alby
  • If you have  Repetier-Server as well make sure it is deactivated, also under windows the first software claiming a port will have it. But some boards sometimes timeout during firmware upload or fail to connect at the start (then some other software is already connected often).
  • Yo Techo,
    I am now able to configure the 6 end-stops and Repetier approves the modifications. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of the timeouts when attempting the upload. I think that it has something to do with modes, (either edit or eeprom). I am confused with the Repetier documentation. 
    alby
     In Arduino IDE, it's usually "Upload using Programmer" or something similar. In Repetier, it might be called "Write EEPROM" or "Write Flash" depending on where you want to store the firmware.