Sending printjob from OrcaSlicer not possible (HTTP 404: Requested file not found.)

I searched the internet yesterday and today but unfortunately didn't find a solution...

When I try to send a print job to the server from OrcaSlicer (1.9.0), I get the following error:

Error uploading to print host:
HTTP 404: Requested file not found.

The server (full version, Pi4-8gb) is connected via WLAN and can be easily operated from the machine with the slicer. The printer is (half) self-made with the latest MARLIN 2.1.x bugfix. In Orca I can see and control the server under the menu point "device".
So the connection over LAN/WLAN works well in both directions.
What I also wonder about is the error message "Requested file not found"... Which file? From where? Where?

What am I doing wrong here or what have I overlooked?

Greetz
Micha

Comments

• Or let me ask it another way:

Which slicer works perfectly with Repetier on a Windows system?
    Cura is already clear that the plugin specified in the FAQ has not been further developed since Cura 5.0 and cannot be persuaded to cooperate in Cura 5.5...

• Haven't seen a  Repetier-Server uploader in OrcaSlicer - where do I find it?

In PrusaSlicer you can upload or print directly when you configure it.

Apart from that all slicers work, just you need to manually upload gcode after downloading it from slicer.
  • edited January 8
    Repetier said:
    Haven't seen a  Repetier-Server uploader in OrcaSlicer - where do I find it?

In PrusaSlicer you can upload or print directly when you configure it.

Apart from that all slicers work, just you need to manually upload gcode after downloading it from slicer.
    Orca have find them without I have to do anything. Just the Server are running and reachable in the network and then the symbol (see picture, over the yellow line) comes up. Click it and you find the options to connect (under the yellow line in the picture).

Prusa I haven't check out. I have worked before with CURA and OctoServer. But Octo don't can handle more then one printer so I swap over to Repetier Pro. Now I have to learn again to handle all the stuff. Both Orce vs Cura and also Octo vs Repetier are different worlds...

Sure LOL That's what I do right now... But due the room with the printer is on the other side of the house and I'm tired running back and forth (and fall over the dog's or cat's) I have create a Samba-share on the pi and copy the gcode there over the network... Prevent an old man to catch a heard attack LOL

• Ok I see it now. Overlooked that little icon. Works fine for me and the same as PrusaSlicer. Actually it looks a lot like PrusaSlicer uploader. Key part is Hostname where I entered
    http://192.168.1.129:3344
    and then of course APIKey must match the server api key. Testing worked already and after refresh printers I could also select the printer. Then slice and print where it asks if you print or upload to a certain group.
  • hmmmm... Why do I always have the ass card?! :'(
    Ok, tomorrow I try to use  a wired LAN cable. Have to take care of my wife before due a cable flying freely through the house has a very modest WAF ... B)

• Wifi is also ok if it is stable.
  • japp... former with CURA and OCTO I haven't a problem (same PI, same room, same IP, ...) but I have to start on any topic... who knows?!
  • Make sure you have set country for your region in wifi settings to use same signal strangth and frequencies. Default is limited to commonly allowed values.
  • edited January 9
    yepp, I have. With all kind of networks and around I'm familiar (... anyone know about ArcNet, Token Ring and other most Corvus  based ones? B) )
    At 1st I will try with a wired to prevent all possible faults that are possible at WLAN and then I see future ...

• edited January 11
    So, let's move on...

- CURA including all auxiliary folders (appdata & co.) deleted and remaining links with CC deleted
    - Reinstalled CURA (5.6.0), started, created printer "GEEEE_i3".
    - CURA ended, folder copied to the plugin directory, CURA started.
    - Entered connection IP and selected printer
    - Entered API in the following dialog

Here he doesn't complain anymore, but can't be connected while click on "CONNECT" either.

https://steamradio.de/3dp/240111-cura_problem.jpg

EDIT say: Still works... Funny... B)
    Ok, if there are no further problems, that's it for now...
    One more thing struck me:
    If the printer name in Repetier itself contains a space, this space will be displayed in CURA or in your connector by an underscore. Maybe that's where the problems came from?

• Maybe the plugin (it's not from us so no idea) uses slug names for printer. slug name is how we internally name a printer and that is pure ascii no spaces. Anything not allowed gets converted to underline and numbers get added if a printer with that name already exists. You see this name when you go to a printer in our gui in the browser url.
  • ... yepp, there my idea comes from. In Repetier former I have named it "GEEEE i3" so the connector make a "GEEEE_i3" from it.
    If this was the problem, you should include it in the description if necessary

• In which description do you mean? As I said we are not the authors of that plugin.
  • Repetier said:
    In which description do you mean? As I said we are not the authors of that plugin.

Sure... But I hope the author read also here ;)
  • Sorry, but I have to come back with the problem... again :s
    I had a defective SSD and had to set everything up again. See also the thread https://forum.repetier.com/discussion/comment/46556#Comment_46556
    The new SSD arrived today and everything is (actually) ready to go. So I tried to reconnect CURA to the RS...
    And now I'm running into the wall again... And of course I transferred the current API ID and didn't take the old ID; Needless to say...
    Somehow I still had in the back of my mind that the names all had to be the same. I did that too, as you can see from the picture chain below. However, the plugin only finds the printer "GEEE" instead of "P1_GEEE".

Sorry, but I just don't get it... Can someone please help me

Greetz
    Micha

• ... Problem solved!
    It's a little crazy to solve but seems to work now... hell!