Changed raspberry and not booting.

Hello.
My Raspberry Pi 4 4gb stop working so I bought a new one (2gb version) but when I insert the SD it's not booting. Error is "this board required new software..".
I thought was the EEPROM firmware, so I updated it, but it's the same.
Now I would like to know to backup all the settings and activation from a non-booting SD card.
Or a method to update to latest version from local without formatting it.
Thanks.

Comments

• Sure old was pi 4? Older os could not boot all pi, only those beeing out at the time.

One solution is put recent image on new sd card and then put old sd card in sd reader and connect it to usb.
    Then login via ssh and run
    sudo -i
    service RepetierServer stop
    mkdir /media/b
    mkdir /media/o
    mount /dev/sda1 /media/b
    mount /dev/sda2 /media/o
    now old content is in /media/o/var/lib/Repetier-Server and you can copy it to new sd card /var/lib/Repetier-Server and start the server again. It will now have all your old printers and settings.

# D
    # delete installed version
    rm -rf /var/lib/Repetier-Server
    # copy old data
    cp -rp /media/o//var/lib/Repetier-Server /var/lib
    # start with new settings
    service RepetierServer start

You must activate license - it will see the device is different.
  • first of all, thanks.
    then, yes, was a Pi4 but with 4gb instead of the newer is 2gb.
    when i put the old sd on the usb i can't see them folders just just the "boot" partition so i can't copy and restore the old settings..
  • edited December 2023
    Repetier said:
    Sure old was pi 4? Older os could not boot all pi, only those beeing out at the time.

One solution is put recent image on new sd card and then put old sd card in sd reader and connect it to usb.
    Then login via ssh and run
    sudo -i
    service RepetierServer stop
    mkdir /media/b
    mkdir /media/o
    mount /dev/sda1 /media/b
    mount /dev/sda2 /media/o
    now old content is in /media/o/var/lib/Repetier-Server and you can copy it to new sd card /var/lib/Repetier-Server and start the server again. It will now have all your old printers and settings.

# D
    # delete installed version
    rm -rf /var/lib/Repetier-Server
    # copy old data
    cp -rp /media/o//var/lib/Repetier-Server /var/lib
    # start with new settings
    service RepetierServer start

You must activate license - it will see the device is different.
    UPDATE: flashed leatest repetier server image on a new sd card and boot perfectly.
    now the problem is to backup and restore the old settings..
  • Under windows you always can only see boot partition. That is why I suggested card reader on pi which can read the second partition with the data as well using the commands shown. It is a linux file format. Alternatively install a ext4 driver for windows to see it also under windows.
  • Repetier said:
    Under windows you always can only see boot partition. That is why I suggested card reader on pi which can read the second partition with the data as well using the commands shown. It is a linux file format. Alternatively install a ext4 driver for windows to see it also under windows.
    did it and setting are now in the new printer.
    the only problem is that repetier show my printers are offline when they're powered on and connected.
  • Check serial ports in config. They may have new names now depending on which serial name you originally choosed.
  • How to check that?! I don't see that option on repetier server.. teorically, don't have to be restored the old settings?
  • In Printer-Settings -> Connection check serial port and if it is available in dropdown as well when printer is enabled and if it is the one disappearing when you disconnect usb.
  • Repetier said:
    In Printer-Settings -> Connection check serial port and if it is available in dropdown as well when printer is enabled and if it is the one disappearing when you disconnect usb.
    ther's not settings under printer menu..
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iVqCRLq3lgadO16_Gm1I3kQXQKUxG6rg/view?usp=drive_link
  • Not in touch screen! Please use the regular GUI for printer configuration in your desktop browser. Touch screen has only basic commands for quick and easy usage on printer directly, but no full configuration functionality.
  • Solved. Thank you.