Repetier Server with Elegoo Neptune4Plus

edited November 2023 in Questions & Answers
Hi,
I own a license from the use with my previous owned SidewinderX4, that worked well in combination. Now I switched to a Elegoo Neptune4Plus, but I cannot add the printer to repetier server. The printer works perfect as a Standalone or via Fluidd, but I miss the feature to exclude areas with failed objects while print is still in progress. Also the print/file management with repetier server was much better than it is in the current version installed on the printer.
Any tipps how I get my combination to work?

Edit: also the Neptune does not find any camera, in RepetierServer this worked well in the past

In the iPhoneApp (RC.K) adding the printer worked without any problem. Maybe the missing option in RepetierServer to enter the API-Code from the printer is the missing part?

Regards
Gerald

Comments

• The problem is that we need direct connection to klipper serial port simulation. Fluidd uses Mainsail in the backend, but server does not depend on mainsail but is a replacement for it. Actually it can even run in parallel to mainsail, but must be installed on the same pc where mainsail runs and you must tweak it a bit so both can communicate also server runs as user repetierserver. In the next release the klipper support will be even better and I plan to make a better description on how to install and use it correctly. 
  • Repetier said:
    The problem is that we need direct connection to klipper serial port simulation. Fluidd uses Mainsail in the backend, but server does not depend on mainsail but is a replacement for it. Actually it can even run in parallel to mainsail, but must be installed on the same pc where mainsail runs and you must tweak it a bit so both can communicate also server runs as user repetierserver. In the next release the klipper support will be even better and I plan to make a better description on how to install and use it correctly. 
    That's good news, is there any timeline for a (beta)release?
  • The nightly builds already use the klipper api with all improvements, just one bug that sometimes doubles the fans I did not find so far. The documentation will be written after the release I think.
  • edited November 2023
    Hi, 
    I have the same Problems und haven't found anything i can do. after all tests, i have a damage on my repetierserver. Is it possible to get a notice if it will work?
    Viele Grüße, diebelselch
  • We will try to add a mainsail connector in near future also this needs to disable some function like server commands in print code. Need to see how we can make it work and how to disable functions not working due to having another system doing the print.