Mouse click movement different than G1 movement

I just replaced my RAMPS board and am now trying to get axis movement back.  I notice that sending a "manual" G1 X* command works but clicking the movement buttons in Host causes strange rattling and inappropriate movement.  What is the difference between these two methods?  Same behavior in both 1.5.0 and 1.5.6 versions of Host.  Movement from firmware/display encoder works properly.  Tried several A4988 / DRV8825 boards, checked / adjusted voltage.  Y axis seems to work properly.  Haven't hooked up Z or extruder yet.  At this point, I don't know if this is a mechanical (carriage movement), electrical (pot set for wrong voltage) or part (cheap Chinese RAMPS board) issue.  Any ideas would be .appreciated.

Comments

• In manual control it uses reletive moves with the speed set in printer settings.

G1 X* uses the set speed or kast speed normally in absolut coordinate system.
  • Very interesting and helpful information.  When I checked the print settings in Host, feedrate was set to 4200. Dropping this down to anywhere from 1500 to 3500 produced good results.  Taking it back up to 4500 duplicated the problem.

Problem solved, once more!  Thank you again for your help!