Possible to Change the Destination of Log Files

Hello,

We're seeing if there's a way (not apparent in the UI or documentation) to change the location of where the log files are stored. Preferably we'd like them to be put onto a network drive or a separate miscellaneous drive rather than the OS Drive itself. We're using a Windows installation in case that changes anything. I'm fairly comfortable with modifying the installation to get the desired results.

Thanks.

Comments

• No, log files are stored just as everything else in the same direcory structure. You can move the complete structure including gcodes, projects etc if you want by adding a extra configuration file telling where to look for it, see
    https://www.repetier-server.com/startup-configuration/

What you want is a extra xml with 
    <storage-directory>nowFolder/</storage-directory>
    pointing to new disk and have a exact copy of the existing folder there when you start the server service again. I'd use the extra xml file in program folder so you can remove the old directory afterwards.

An other driver on same computer is ok, network drive is nothing I'd do. It is slower in access and a network failure will break prints.
  • edited December 2022
    Ah this is what I'm looking for. Thank you. Sorry I missed this bit when looking through the documentation.

We're utilizing some internal custom applications for our MES and we're just investigating viability of a particular setup.

Thanks again.