2 printers on 1 Raspberry and measuring of resonanz frequencies

Hi there,at. 

i would like to connect two printers to one Raspberry Pi 4 where Repetierserver is installed on. I would like to use klipper for both printers. Klipper has built-in support for ADXL345 accelerometer, which can be used to measure resonance frequencies of the printer for different axes, and auto-tune input shapers to compensate for resonances.

Now i read that only one klipper instance can bind the Raspberry as a host to use the interfaces for connecting the ADXL345 sensor. Is this also correct for repetier server?

That would mean that only for one of two printers the measuring with the ADXL345 Interface could be done.

Is this correct?

Comments

• Not sure if it can exist in parallel. Fact is that you connect the ADXL345 to the pi, so there can only be one and there is only one extra service running this as extra board. 

So while you can run two klipper instances both would share the same service and that might cause problems.

But this is not the biggest problem since you do only need this for measuring the resonances. Later for printing this is not needed, so one safe solution is to add it only on one instance, run it, remove it from klipper config after having set the frequencies and add same sections to second printer, run again. As long as only one of the instances has the extra board defined in config there should be no issues.
  • This is a great idea. I found another solution this afternoon:
    That should work without bigger configuration.

• Sounds like same idea just with external hardware:-)
  • Yes, integration is just a lot easier. And it works without direct connections to the pins of the raspberry. USB is just fine