How add more Serial connections to use multiple device at same time (plugin programming)

Hi,
I'm writing a plugin that sends data to multiple devices at same time  (culd be another printer , cnc , laser cutter); my plugin will decide wich kind of data send to every device during the printing job.
The question is how add more Serial connections to have access at the new hardware connected  (with Repetier firmware) and be able to send g-code trhougt the new COM ports?
I know I quite tricky but the result will be cool.

Thankyou in advance 

Comments

• Yes it is quite tricky. Easy solution would be using repetier-server which supports multiple concurrent devices. Only problem is the hosts server connector is bound to one of these devices and the host structure was not designed to support more then one device.

So however you want to split agcode you would need your own BaseConnector implementation to handle multiple ports natiely from host. But I still can not see the benefit if you are not printing the same object multiple times on different printers, but then this could also be done with the server.
  • edited August 2015
    Hi ,
    Thank you very much for the reply,
    Ok so I need to implementate a new BaseConnector,
    To better understand my application I send the X Y data to a fast laser scanner (hig speed transfer and the old VirtualPrinter was really good to do that) and Z coordinate and other enquiry to a printer, these devices are indipendent Serial device connected to the plugin, now I have tested  a simply Serial port, but without the support of all library there is a lot to thing to implement.

Thank you for the support.
  • So your scanner should do the xy moves for the printer and a other board does the rest? Isn't that a bit complicated for a simple problem?