Touchscreen not working after new install on Rpi

Hi,
I have a Rpi 4 with a Waveshare capacitive touchscreen which used to work fine right out of the box.

Recently I ran into problems with my repetier server. Google Chrome always popped up with a privacy screen which I couldn't get rid of (I updated the image once per apt upgrade and what I have been reading in the forums that might be the cause for this.
So I decided to download a new image file and restored the setup from backup. (btw not a straigt forward operation)

First, I was surprised, that the camera settings weren't restored so I set them up manually.
The contents of the screen is now ok, but the touchscreen is unresponsive.
I have changed absolutely nothing not even a single usb connector but it still doesn't react.

The Rpi all in all seems to be much slower now.
Can anyone explain or speculate what is going on?

TIA
Umtauscher

Comments

• Just to make sure, I have just reinserted the old SD-card and the touchscreen ist just working fine again.

• For touchscreen you needed to adjust settings I think for that display to calibrate it. Check waveshare installation instructions (xinput i think plus adding result in some config files). Guess that this or module for touch handling i snot loaded by default so it does not get the positions. Unfortunately there are a lot of different displays and touch screen solutions working a bit different with different drivers.

The new image uses the new video driver by default. If you have pi cam it will use 100% cpu time now for conversion as it won't use hardware encoding then. You can run raspi-config and switch to legacy graphic driver that wa sused on old image.
  • Well, thanks, that is very inconvenient.
    I think I stick with the old image and try to fix it.

• In old image you need to change autostart file somewhere /home/pi/.config/ some path with LXDE .
    It contains the chromium start and with
    chromium-browser --force-device-scale-factor=1 --disable-features=TranslateUI,Translate --app-auto-launched --disable-pinch --noerrdialogs --disable-suggestions-service --disable-translate --disable-save-password-bubble --disable-session-crashed-bubble --disable-infobars --touch-events=disabled --disable-gesture-typing --kiosk --check-for-update-interval=31536000 --remote-debugging-port=9222 http://127.0.0.1:3344/modules/front2/app/app.html &

it should start without the extra windows.
  • Thanks, I‘ll try that
  • Well, it kinda seems to work, but the autostart file is in
    /home/pi/.config/openbox/