Wifi connects, but webpage won't load. Can connect through Ethernet fine.

I've been reading threads for hours and am finally posting for help. Hadn't used my Raspberry Pi Rep Server in a while, though it's technically been running. Probably 3 months since I used it. I went to connect and the web page wouldn't load. Rebooted it, still wouldn't load. I've assigned it a static IP in my router so I know that's correct.

To troubleshoot, I plugged an ethernet cable in and I can load the web page/server fine. I went into network and it's connected to my wifi network. Opened terminal and confirmed the correct IP address is assigned. However, I can't even ping the wifi interface. I can ping the ethernet interface fine. I upgraded software to the latest version to see if that would help but having same issue (and now can only see 2 of my 4 printers with free license...lovely). Also checked my firewall (running a Palo Alto PA-440) and even set up a rule to allow all from my laptop to the server. Traffic looks the same on ethernet and wifi, but wifi isn't loading.

Why can't I connect through the wifi interface when I know it's connected to the network but I can work through the ethernet interface just fine?

Comments

• Can you ping wifi from the pi? When you check in hom escreen on network you should see all assigned IPs that are supposed to work. 

How did you assign the IP? In server config or in router by mapping mac to IP? In first case you could have your router using the ip also for another device making it impossible to reach server. And firewall on pc or router could also be reasons. On our images we have no firewall installed.
  • IP for Wi-Fi is assigned through DHCP on the router. And can you explain what you mean by pinging Wi-Fi from Pi? Do you mean can I ping other devices from the Pi?
  • No I meant can you ping the wifi ip of pi when logged into pi. So meaning does the pi think it self that it has that ip number. If thatr works pi has assigned the ip correctly and configured wifi to listen on it. Since no hops are in between this is the safest way to test it. 

You can also run
    iwconfig
    to see wifi is really connected and 
    ip a
    to see all addresses on linux console.
  • Ah, good thoughts. Looks like Pi thinks it's connected. Ping works fine and below is info on wifi adapter:

wlan0     IEEE 802.11  ESSID:"[correct wife network]"  
              Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: [correct AP mac id]   
              Bit Rate=11 Mb/s   Tx-Power=31 dBm   
              Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
              Power Management:off
              Link Quality=70/70  Signal level=-26 dBm  
              Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
              Tx excessive retries:199  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0

3: wlan0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP group default qlen 1000
        link/ether [correct mac] brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
        inet [correct internal IP address) brd [correct broadcast] scope global dynamic wlan0
           valid_lft 64100sec preferred_lft 64100sec
        inet6 [correct ipv6] scope link 
           valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
  • Ok that shows pi did what it should do and wifi strength seems also optimal. So from this there is no reason to not reach it from network - at least if there is a route to it from the device you use. Is it in the same network or in some guest network? Sometimes I have a device logged in into different network also reachable and wonder that I get no connection.
  • It is on a different Wi-Fi network and vlan but firewall rules are good. Even created a rule to allow all traffic between my laptop and pi. Also, was working fine a few months ago with same setup. Can't figure out why it won't work now.