Problem with serial communication tty/AMA0

HI,
I'm trying to configure the Repetier Server on my pi3 to work with Klipper and Alligator board.

I'm not expert about programming, but I followed all the guidelines about how to install It and how to enable  the serial port tty/AMA0

I can see It with: 

ls -l /dev
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root           7 Sep 25 10:50 serial0 -> ttyAMA0

But there's no connection and, in printer setting, I have this message but I don't know if It's the real problem the stop the connection:

"Corrently, only the regular port is visible. To ensure the best experience with Klipper, we recommend enabling the API socket and configure it to point to "/dev/ttyAMA0.api" for optimal performance"

Someone can help me, please?

Comments

• ttyAMA0 is no serial printer. If available it is ttyACM0 or ttyUSB0 or better look into /dev/serial/by-path to see all serials.

That said in server you do not enter the serial to your board - you do that in the klipper printer setup. In server you define the socket/pipe of klipper. When you install klipper during printer setup with the offered button it will enter the correct port automatically. Afterwards you need to configure klipper as described in klipper homepage, but you can edit the file in  Repetier-Server in the klipper page and restart and test from there. See also our manual about klipper installation.
  • when I install clipper, It create the port

/var/lib/klipper/sockets/E3d

but in the Alligator configuration file that I found on GitHub there's:

[mcu]
    serial: /dev/ttyAMA0

Should I change It in configurator file with the one suggested by Repetier?

The connection between Pi and Allogator board is made by the GPIO connector
  • > The connection between Pi and Allogator board is made by the GPIO connector
    In that case serial: /dev/ttyAMA0 would be correct in klipper config and in server connection you use /var/lib/klipper/sockets/E3d since we connect to klipper and klipper to the board.