Printer setting reset after cancel a job

Hi,

Repetier-server resets my printer settings (bed level, e-steps,...) when I cancel a job (but not always).
Sometimes when I cancel a job, the printer restarts and then all settings are gone.

Cherrs, Kiki

Comments

• Du you use stop print or emergency reset for this? There is no reset in stop script only if you added it, see printer configuration->g-codes->event dependent->stop printjob what gets executed exactly.
  • I use "stop print".
    I have not made any gcode changes. all default:

; Sample stop code - modify to your needs!
    M400 ; Wait for current moves to finish, clearing the buffer
    M104 T0 S0 ; Disable extruder
    M140 S0 ; Disable bed
    G1 X0 Y225 F9000
    M84 ; Disable motor

• None of these causes a reset if firmware works correctly. So best would be to go to console on next stop print and see if there appear some messages explaining what is going on. Disabling heaters can cause some effects on electronics in rare cases which is all what happes with this code.
  • OK. I have a display on the raspi. i can look at the console next time. 

I just press only "stop", the bed moves forward completely (and then doesn't stop at all and rattles). Then the printer switches off, on, off, on and then has lost all settings.

Nothing else. It has happened to me about 4 times now. Neptun 3 Pro
  • Sounds like this is causing the problem
    G1 X0 Y225 F9000

Check what Y is really reachable and reduce the value to what is allowed. This value comes from first configuration where it got y max from firmware or your self. And if that crashed bed in end the firmware eventually reacts on this with a reset.
  • Hi,

It seems like Repetier-server is causing occasional resets of your printer settings, including bed leveling and e-steps, when you cancel a job. This issue doesn't happen consistently, but when it does, the printer restarts and all settings are lost.