Repetier server 5.7.0 gpio pin says Unknown GPIO Value yet switches work

I use @gpio commands to turn on/off printer automatically and they will not work when this occurs. If I go into the gpio settings for that pin, make no changes and just click save it starts working again.

Comments

• I tried to embed the image but no luck
    Untitled.jpg (1162×62) (sharepoint.com)

• The image is not readable. It is password protected with your account. You can use imgur.com instead.

What is 5.7.0 gpio pin? Pins have only one number not 3 separated.
  • edited April 11
    I'm on version 5.7.0 of repetier.  GPIO pin is 17.

Let's try again image
  • There is no 5.7.0 version, latest version is 1.4.16 where we changed gpio to read back value so we also detect the state change when it is done outside of server. Are you using that version?

Also when does this state to unknown happen? When you changed pin state with command or random?
  • edited April 11
    I have no idea where I got that from sorry.  I'm on server pro 1.4.16.  I think it is occurring if my start script runs (this turns on the pin w/ a @GPIO command) and a print fails and therefor the end script doesn't run to shut off the pin.

Run on printer activation script:
    @func startFirstInQueue
      @startNextPrintInQueue
    @endfunc
    @func enableAndStart
      @gpio Kobra on
      @echo "Powering on Kobra Max"
      @timedCall startQueue 10000 startFirstInQueue
      @echo "10 second delay to start print"
    @endfunc
    @callOnEvent "printJobAdded" enableAndStart
    #@func test 
    @if {{get_gpio_state("Kobra") == 0}}
    #   @info "test"
    @endif
    #@endfunc

Run after job script:
    @func PowerOffPrinter
        @gpio Kobra off
     @echo "Powering off Kobra Max"
    @endfunc
    @timedCall jobFinished 10000 PowerOffPrinter
    @echo "10 second delay to turn off printer"

• Ok, I found what is happening. If you only have output pins you can ignore this error for now, setting will still work I think.

What happens is that the reading can fail and goes to error state. Now you can only see an error when we do not delete it, so it stays forever or until you save and resets all error states. This specific error happens when reading pin state does not return 0 or 1 so probably when linux is just updating it's value. So more a temporary error and I will remove the error in that case in future release.
  • That's just it.  It's not just a visual issue.  When this error shows I cannot actually control that pin w/ the @gpio pin at all unless I edit that pin settings , make no changes and click save.  Then it will work again.  However, when it's in this state I can still use this method to turn the pin on/off, just no @gpio image
  • That is strange. Both do use same function and I see no test for error state.

Anyhow since I fixed it in dev tree you can run on pi ssh console
    installDev

to get the fixed version. Hope it works as it did not appear on my pi so far.
  • Thanks, I installed it and will report back next time i have to stop a print manually.

Dave