motorized bed leveling to fasst for my Z axis setup?

Hello,

after two years printing with my sparkcube i managed to change to abl some weeks ago and it worked much better for me.

This weekend i made the next step and put in a third stepper driver for z-axis and  changed firmware to motorized leveling.

But when measuring process finished and the adjusting should follow i heard only the sound of motors missing steps.

Next i changed acceleration, jerk an speed of my long time working setup but without change!

I use Radds board with  0.9° Stepper Motors and TMC2100 drivers at 1/16 step = 3200 steps /mm

After some investigation in the code of bedleveling file i think that normal values for movement are not in use during correction moves?

Next step was to find in drivers.h the function gotoPosition and i added 5 more lines with "HAL::delayMicroseconds(delayUS);"

After uploading this "hack" the missing steps where gone and the abl worked for me.

DId i miss some "right" place where to adjust the speed for adjustment moves?

Ralf

Comments

• These routines do not use the normal stepper handling. Instead they are execute din main thread with simple delays, meaning no acceleration and with bad luck even short interruptions. So the speed for the motors must be set quite low even if they can go faster when accelerated with good timings. So reduce speed in driver initalization and it will increase the delay computed from resolution and speed as well and it will work.