Slower and printing problems

Hey,

I've until now never had problems with Repetier. Always worked very good for with my 3D printers. When I started a print job yesterday, repetier-host felt very slow. When importing an object the program froze. When slicing the object the program froze too for like 5 secondes. Never had that before, but it wasn't a big problem. I could still use repetier. When the print started, the printer was acting very wierd. The second layer it was slowing down on certain parts of the print. It was moving, slowing down for like 1/2s (leaving a blob) and then continuing with the same speed as before. I first thought it was a usb problem, but printing over SD didn't solve it. Then I thought it was my 3D printer, but it is printing fine with pronterface. So there has to be something wrong in the g-code that I do not know of?

Also, when I was printing something earlier, and I would slice another object in the same program, there was no problem. When I'm printing now and I want to slice the next object already, the printer freezes in the slicing process. It's very wierd.

Anybody that knows how I could solve this? Tried reinstalling already, didn't help.

Comments

• If printing over sd card has printing problems it is in the gcode and not a host problem. The host is not involved at all in that case.

In host you can get slower communication if graphic card gets too busy to update fast. Then host normally reduces or stops updating 3d graphic to speed up again.