Alligator-Manager in "V2 0.80" SD ISO for Raspberry

Hi, i use repetier server with an alligator board, there is a linux program that allows me to control the board to make erase, initialization etc. 
I wanted to ask where I can find the start file Repetier-Server in the new iso, which in old versions was in /etc/init.d/RepetierServer to perform Repetier as SUPERUSER. Otherwise alligator-manager does not send @execute commands it receives from the command console

Thank you very much

Comments

• With newer linux having systemd start system, it is /lib/systemd/system/RepetierServer.service
    but that is a new format - no script only a definition. Much easier.

Better solution would be to allow sudo for that executeable.
  • edited November 2016
    hi Roland, can add alligator-manager
    full image
    also enable the UART for alligator RPI link
    thank you
    https://github.com/3Dartists/alligator-manager

following the instructions does not work
    Error getting blank page
    not be an expert in linux programming
  • As I understand it, the alligator manager is a way to upload new firmware to alligator board. As it accesses the serial connection you need to disable the printer before using it. Alternatively try our firmware upload tool. If the board is due compatible the upload with our build in firmware uploader should work as well.
  • edited November 2016
    maralb said:
    hi Roland, can add alligator-manager
    full image
    also enable the UART for alligator RPI link
    thank you
    https://github.com/3Dartists/alligator-manager

following the instructions does not work
    Error getting blank page
    not be an expert in linux programming
    Try to use this version of alligator-manager (for rpi2 / 3)

Repetier said:
    As I understand it, the alligator manager is a way to upload new firmware to alligator board. As it accesses the serial connection you need to disable the printer before using it. Alternatively try our firmware upload tool. If the board is due compatible the upload with our build in firmware uploader should work as well.
    Alligator-manager is used to control the board, not just for loading the firmware to do the firmware upgrade using your GUI but first you have to give the erase command. What I can not do is put in extcommands.xml file commands @execute erase / reset @execute that launch as "sudo alligator-manager --erase" / --reset
  • You can also put into extcommands direct calls to scripts etc. and add them in the gui. You even can assign them permissions so only a config user could do that.
  • I communicate with Marco Antonini to have a new configuration script to install on Server 0.80.1.
    sorry
    I thought it was very easy to get to from Roland
    thanks
  • The thing with sudo is no problem. We do this also for our images with several commands. Important part is to put the command into sudoers list for repetierserver. So add a file in /etc/sudoers.d like this
    p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Courier; color: #4d2f2d; background-color: #dfdbc3} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown

repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/manageWifiAccess

repetierserver ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/installWebcam

and it should be executable with @execute or as reset command in printer configuration.

Still do not understand the erase thing since bossac uploader deletes the flash anyway when uploading firmware.