MJPG-streamer in "0.80" SD version for Raspberry

edited October 2016 in Repetier-Server
I need to change the default cam resolution on MJPG-streamer.
This doc is not usefull with the new "SD image" of version 0.80 for Raspberry, the default path is different.

https://www.repetier-server.com/setting-webcam-repetier-server-linux/

Where is it the right file with inside the MJPG-streamer settings?

Comments

• edited October 2016
    sudo nano /etc/init.d/mjpgstreamer<br><br>This file doesn't exist in the "SD" version...<br>
  • edited October 2016
    OK, i've found the cam settings inside the file:

/usr/local/Repetier-Setup/templates/mjpeg_streamer.service.usb
  • I try to force the resolution of my cam (1280x720) but it doesn't work.
  • That file is only a template. In server->configuration select activate usb to install your modified version.

BTW: Next image will have a changed webcam handling making it a bit easier, also you should make some tests with higher rersolutions as this means more traffic and more cpu load. When camera supports mjpg load should be no problem, but traffik can get high.
  • Thanks!
    When you think to release the next SD version?
  • edited October 2016
    That file is only a template. In server->configuration select activate usb to install your modified version.

BTW: Next image will have a changed webcam handling making it a bit easier, also you should make some tests with higher rersolutions as this means more traffic and more cpu load. When camera supports mjpg load should be no problem, but traffik can get high.
    Is only a template?
    But if i put inside this file some wrong parameters and then restart the webcam streamer the cam it doesn't work! :-)
  • Please explain better this:

"In server->configuration select activate usb to install your modified version."
  • edited October 2016
    Ok, i understand the trick for enable my option, now my cam work in HD mode...
  • Next release end of week/beginning next week if we get no new things to fix.
  • In the future it would be nice to be able to choose the resolution directly from the web interface.
  • The new system has a webcam.config to change such things. Default resolution will be 640x480 but you can set it to what you want and your cam supports there. There you can also define the other 30 options if needed.
  • edited October 2016
    Great news, thanks!
    Anyway please in the new version considers to be able to upgrade the current system "0.80 SD", it's a bit boring having to formatting the SD and riconfigure all.
    I know that the printer settings can be exported, but is not the only customizations that maybe one did (vnc server and other add-on and settings).
  • We plan to make the new webcam control available. That way you can install it also on non raspi systems. So you could follow the steps and it will work also with old image.