RPI Image not connecting to WLAN

Hello, I am currently trying to setup Repetier Server with the new RPI image. I loaded the image onto an 8gb card, and placed it in my RPI 3. HDMI connected screens see the frontend, but I cannot interact with it. Also, attempting to connect via WLAN does not work. I tried attaching an external wifi module via USB, and it still has no connection for WLAN. Can you think of anything causing this, or is there a way to manually setup network connections via text editors, rather than the frontend?

Thanks! 

Comments

• We test it with Pi 3 and had no problems, so that comes a bit unexpected. It always uses wlan0 so adding new stick will not change it I guess.

All wlan routines are in /usr/local/Repetier-Setup as scripts. You should be able to connect over ethernet cable. Then check what ifconfig returns for you. Also check output of
     /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/manageWlan info (hope filename is correct, might differ a bit).

An first connect I expect it to work as access point and you shoud see a RepetierServer wlan network to log in as described in image doc.
  • Same here on RPI 2, works like a charm with the deb package but absolutely not with the image file. 

- Through 10.10.10.1, totally unable to select a WLAN to connect, doesn't even ask for the password.
    - Through touchscreen, each time I've got the "Connecting to WLAN failed", tried on 3 WIFI (WPA and even WEP)
  • Does your SSID contain a space? We found that this was handled incorrect by our first image and new image now also works with spaces in SSID.
  • Does your SSID contain a space? We found that this was handled incorrect by our first image and new image now also works with spaces in SSID.
    yes it does, I'll try the new image then :)
  • edited February 2019
    [removed but could not delete the entire post for some reason]