G32 S2...

So, after finally getting my z probe dialed in, i moved forward with autoleveling.  All seemed good until it tried to reach the third point.  For some reason, it decided to reset before attempting to probe that point.  Has anyone ever ran into this.  I'm on 92.9.  Thanks!

Comments

• Check in eeprom for coordinates set there. Maybe it is "NaN". Normally it is no problem.
  • This is what I have... I don't see a NaN.  Where esle would I find that entry?

// #################### Z-Probing #####################

#define Z_PROBE_Z_OFFSET 0
    #define Z_PROBE_Z_OFFSET_MODE 0
    #define UI_BED_COATING 1
    #define FEATURE_Z_PROBE 1
    #define Z_PROBE_BED_DISTANCE 5
    #define Z_PROBE_PIN ORIG_Z_MIN_PIN
    #define Z_PROBE_PULLUP 0
    #define Z_PROBE_ON_HIGH 1
    #define Z_PROBE_X_OFFSET -25
    #define Z_PROBE_Y_OFFSET 28
    #define Z_PROBE_WAIT_BEFORE_TEST 0
    #define Z_PROBE_SPEED 5
    #define Z_PROBE_XY_SPEED 150
    #define Z_PROBE_SWITCHING_DISTANCE 5
    #define Z_PROBE_REPETITIONS 5
    #define Z_PROBE_HEIGHT 1
    #define Z_PROBE_START_SCRIPT "G0 X137.5 Y125"
    #define Z_PROBE_FINISHED_SCRIPT ""
    #define Z_PROBE_REQUIRES_HEATING 0
    #define Z_PROBE_MIN_TEMPERATURE 150
    #define FEATURE_AUTOLEVEL 1
    #define Z_PROBE_X1 40
    #define Z_PROBE_Y1 10
    #define Z_PROBE_X2 230
    #define Z_PROBE_Y2 10
    #define Z_PROBE_X3 137.5
    #define Z_PROBE_Y3 180
  • Repetier, so I have it working now.  But after probing the 3rd point, it will not go back to home to figure z max.  I'm using G32 S2 after running a G28.  Any advice?
  • You use G32 S2 only once (which is why you save result to eeprom), so there is no real problem. Without z max probing it would not get correct z height and G28 would not work reliable afterwards. Not sure if we have already improved this in dev version where we now know we had homed z before and now use z difference to compute height.
  • Ok, so it get's z height based on the z max homing, or g28?  If i'm understanding correctly, because that makes sense as to why it will not go to z max after probing.
  • Sorry that didn't make sense.  I mean that is why we home first so when it probes it can established a true z max.  Yes?
  • Computing z height is done by homing to z max afterwards, yes. If you homed before it would be possible to omit this step, but not sure if we have implemented this possible solution in dev. The method with z max homing has the advantage of always working even when unhomed.
  • Ok.  So if that's the case if I do a g28 first, then g32 it shouldn't do a z max afterwards?  Sorry just got confused... LOL

• Because if that is really the case, my g32 command doesn't do a z max after probing... so back to square one.

• What I said is that it depends on printer type and version you are using. dev version does no homing afterwards older version do if I remember right.
  • Ok, thank you!