Add a thermistor table

How do I add a thermistor table to my Prusa i3 with Sanguinololu board firmware and link it to Repetier Host?

Comments

• Use the configuration tool. Select a user defined thermistor and the matching editor will appear at the page end.
  • PS: This has nothing to do with host - host gets the converted value by firmware.
  • the configuration too requests upload of configuration.h. Where do I find this file?

Use the configuration tool. Select a user defined thermistor and the matching editor will appear at the page end.

• How did you get it for first upload? It is the same and configuration.h is in Repetier subdirectory.
  • How did you get it for first upload? It is the same and configuration.h is in Repetier subdirectory.

I haven't got a first upload.

Where is Repetier subdirectory?

All I've done so far is install and run Repetier Host.

• Host has nothing to do with your firmware. Firmware can be configured and downloaded here

Read our documentation for more details and I hope you are not shy of some hacking as sanguino compilations are always a bit more problematic as it is not natively supported by arduino ide. You need to first install an extension for support.
  • Host has nothing to do with your firmware. Firmware can be configured and downloaded here
    https://www.repetier.com/firmware/dev/index.php

Read our documentation for more details and I hope you are not shy of some hacking as sanguino compilations are always a bit more problematic as it is not natively supported by arduino ide. You need to first install an extension for support.

Tried the following -

> Download complete firmware using Repetier Firmware Configuration Tool.

> Perform instructions as per the downloaded 'README' text document .

> Run Repetier-Host and check Firmware EEPROM Configuration - same as before despite different settings in uploaded Configuration.h

Should the EEPROM configuration have changed?   

• eeprom only changes if EEPROM_MODE is different. You can also copy config to eeprom with
    M502
    M500

but thermistor table is not part of eeprom config.
  • 'M502 M500' did not work.

Changed EEPROM_MODE from 1 to 2 - that did not work.

The factory set eeprom values for steps per mm on X and Y axes are 78.24 and 78.24, Configure.h values are 80 and 80 - left unchanged during Arduino upload.

These values in eeprom were expected to, but did not, change.

I have not attempted to add a thermistor table yet - simply trying to upload simple changes to Configure.h.

I'm completely baffled.

• It always works, no idea why you should be an exception.

Can you manually change the values over host?
  • After many hours of trial an error finally managed to successfully upload edited Configure.h. This time it took a few minutes to upload and scrolled all data on screen - before, when I thought I'd uploaded, it took only a few seconds and returned an error.

However I must have done something wrong. The printer does not function and the LCD display is blank. Repetier cannot connect to printer.

Where do I get the relevant factory firmware so that I can start again?

• Uploading must be much faster. Something around 30s I'd guess.  Maybe try first without display - displays are the most advanced thing to configure correctly.

Original firmware should be available from printer vendor I'd guess.
  • I've finally located a firmware which gets me up and running.

Everything works well except at the start. In order to get the skirt to start printing I have to give the extruder a helping hand by pushing the filament through the extruder as it travels towards the skirt. Then the print continues virtually flawlessly.

How do I programme the printer to extrude a small amount on reaching the skirt start?

• After heatup you can write
    G92 E0
    G1 E5 F100

to extrude 5mm at current position. But that is not really required. The idea of the skirt is to start extruding until flow is good and then start print. So if that is not enough increase skirt. In slic3r you can set minimum extrusion length to add extra loops on small models if it was not enough.