VERY green user question

I am new to 3D printing.  I have a Kossel clone (HE3d Delta 180 dual Extruder) using a RAMPS 1.4 board. I needed to get power to D9 for the second extruder.  I was read I needed to change the port type in the Config.h.  I decided to just update the firmware and used the wizard to do that from my existing config (liked that part).   I downloaded the zip and fired up Adruino. I tried to upload but get the following error. 

sketch\Extruder.cpp: At global scope:

Configuration.h:169: error: 'ORIG_E2_ENABLE_PIN' was not declared in this scope

#define EXT2_ENABLE_PIN ORIG_E2_ENABLE_PIN

^

sketch\Extruder.cpp:2577:71: note: in expansion of macro 'EXT2_ENABLE_PIN'

2,EXT2_X_OFFSET,EXT2_Y_OFFSET,EXT2_Z_OFFSET,EXT2_STEPS_PER_MM,EXT2_ENABLE_PIN,EXT2_ENABLE_ON,

^

exit status 1
'TEMP_3_PIN' was not declared in this scope

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Where do I begin ?

Comments

• Looks like I nuked the adruino. I tied to upload the repetier firmware version included with the printer to see it runs with no error. I uploaded (using the upload command from the menu) with no errors and now when I restart there is no display at all.  not sure what happened.

• I found the answer to my question. I selected one two many extruders. I corrected it and it compiles\uploads ok.  I still have an issue with the display.  I have another Mega 2560 and Ramps 1.4 board on the way for something different. I will try this and see if I perhaps have a bad component.  
  • Check configuration.h->FEATURE_CONTROLLER of original and what you have set. And make sure the display is supported directly for your board, also RAMPS is very common and supported on typical displays used for it.