Booting into Touchscreen Mode on Raspberry Pi 3 + 7inch Touchscreen

Hello.

I managed to install repetier server on my raspberry pi 3 and run it via SSH by sudo service lightdm stop  and executing sudo xinit ./rs -- -nocursor. Now i would like it to boot into touchscreen mode automatically but i think the guide on how to do that (LINK) is obsolete since i don't have the  /etc/inittab and /etc/rc.local.  

I'm not very familiar with linux and would appreciate if someone can help me out.

Comments

• The docs were for wheezy and need a little lift to match Jessie which is now the default version for pi. Will see that I update the docs a bit soon.
  • Very well, thank you.
    I'm just curious. Will the official release of Repetier Server be available in a single image file (similar to octoprint). I am considering buying multiple licences and it would be really convenient to shorten the installation process.
  • For me the following method works on a raspberry 3 with hdmi display:
    Follow the instructions in https://www.repetier-server.com/booting-into-touchscreen-mode-for-linux/
    to add openbox and kweb.
    Make the scripts rs and startserver.sh in /home/pi/ and mark them executable
    (sudo chmod +x startserver.sh & sudo chmod +x rs).

In /etc/rc.local add the following lines at the end of script (just before exit 0):

/usr/bin/xinit /home/pi/rs -- -nocursor
    /home/pi/startserver.sh

Regards
    repman

• hi,
    You can
    have full .iso file of your RPI p3 ??
    I fail with the whole package installation
  • Next release will also get raspberry pi images fully preconfigured, except display that might need extra drivers (also not the pi display).
  • edited August 2016
    Thanks OK
    waiting time ??
    I downloaded the SPARKLAB version found on the German forum RepRap

I also have the full version of the Server
    Ho un LCD Waveshare 5 " RPI 3

thanks
  • Sparklab version is good. Have it also running:-)

What's the problem with that image? I guess our image will have the same problem since functioning of some displays depends on special modules/firmware images.
  • edited August 2016
    .img SPARKLAB all ok good.

I want to start with new configuration from the beginning
    I do not know which file to load for raspberry P3

armhf: libc 2.16 like used in Debian Jessie. Use armel if you have a older libc.
    or
    amd64: libc 2.13 like used in Debian Wheezy
  • You need one of the arm packages for the pi. hf would be the fastes but both will work.
  • Thanks
    ok works
    loading with armhf
    just that I have finished the activation key for 5 times-
    sorry I only did tests with raspberry PI
    where you are connected to the code with annulate evidence of raspberry
    I do not understand
  • So I guess it was your key I reactivated:-)
  • edited August 2016
    thank you all ok
    great man
  • Hi..i want to know that will the official release of Repetier Server be available in a single
    image file. I am considering buying multiple
    licences and it would be really convenient to shorten the installation
    process.
  • Our plan is to release from 0.80 (coming end august I think) 2 raspberry images, one without screen and one with screen ui. If they do not appear the same day, the images will follow a few days afterwards.
  • edited August 2016
    This would be great. I am currently seeing only half of Repetier -server home page on my Rasp3 + TFT display 5"
  • My display is : http://www.banggood.com/3_5-Inch-320-X-480-TFT-LCD-Display-Touch-Board-For-Raspberry-Pi-BB-p-958458.html
    Resolution: 320x480
    In index.html, Transform/scale (0.5) instruction did not worked.for me.
  • Looks like the one I have, just that my display is only showing a white screen. Still trying to get it show anything so I can test. But the resolution is on my list of supported resolutions.
  • it shows white screen for me when i use: http://127.0.0.1:3344
    works not too bad, I can see Start and pause buttons  at least.

• Normal frontend has it's problems on pi, that is correct. That is why I wrote the printer frontend.

My problem is either a defect display (as it is only white) or I missed the crucial part of configurationthe frame buffer correctly.
  • For me the following method works on a raspberry 3 with hdmi display:
    Follow the instructions in https://www.repetier-server.com/booting-into-touchscreen-mode-for-linux/
    to add openbox and kweb.
    Make the scripts rs and startserver.sh in /home/pi/ and mark them executable
    (sudo chmod +x startserver.sh & sudo chmod +x rs).

In /etc/rc.local add the following lines at the end of script (just before exit 0):

/usr/bin/xinit /home/pi/rs -- -nocursor
    /home/pi/startserver.sh

Regards
    repman

Thank you!!! that helped my startup issue!