Repetier-Server service does not start automatically: Beaglebone Black Debian Linux

Hi,
I am running Repetier-Server on my beaglebone, everything seems to work fine with the software. My only problem is that the service doesn't start up when I restart the board, and the only thing I can find to start it is to reinstall from the package. 

I am not a Linux whiz by any stretch of the imagination, and am kinda surprised I got this far. If possible please keep responses on the "Idiot's Guide to Linux" level.

Comments

• I figured out how to manually start the service, now just working on getting it to auto start on reboot. I will post a resolution if I find it.
  • First it would be intersting to know what linux distribution you use. I know they switched to delivering it with debian preinstalled, which is what I used for testing and where

sudo dpkg -i package.deb

installs a startup script and starts the server. After that you have a file
    /etc/init.d/RepetierServer

that can be valled like
    sudo /etc/init.d/RepetierServer start
    or with stop or restart and would do that. What might be is that the command update-rc.d is not installed. This command is used to make it start upon server restart. If you don't have it, install it with
    sudo apt-get install sysv-rc

and then reinstall server.
  • Yes I am running Debian. 

I tried running the "sudo update-rc.d RepetierServer defaults" command, 
    but get the error "update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header"
  • Any messages before the error?

The script requires these scripts to be installed

$network $remote_fs $syslog

maybe one of them is missing. I'm quite sure you could remove remote_fs at least. Except that I'm not sure why your debian does not like the header.
  • #!/bin/sh

### BEGIN INIT INFO
    # Provides:        Repetier-Server
    # Required-Start:  $network $remote_fs $syslog
    # Required-Stop:   $network $remote_fs $syslog
    # Default-Start:   2 3 4 5
    # Default-Stop:    0 1 6
    # Short-Description: Init script for Repetier-Server
    ### END INIT INFO

Here is the exact script being run.
  • It doesn't matter anymore. I reimaged and reinstalled. Everything works as it should.