"exec: "-w": executable file not found in %PATH%" ERROR

I am receiving a:

exec: "-w": executable file not found in %PATH%

error.  What is this and how does one fix it?  I could only find one partial fix online that does not address my problem appropriately.  I would appreciate any input on this.  Thanks!

Comments

• firmware does not use %PATH% so where do you get the error and what are you trying to do?
  • That is the error response I get when trying to verify the firmware through arduino.
  • The full error is

Board Sanguino:Sanguino:atmega1284m doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: SANGUINO_ATMEGA1284M
    Board Sanguino:Sanguino:atmega12848m doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: SANGUINO_ATMEGA12848M
    Board Sanguino:Sanguino:atmega1284 doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: SANGUINO_ATMEGA1284
    Board Sanguino:Sanguino:atmega644 doesn't define a 'build.board' preference. Auto-set to: SANGUINO_ATMEGA644
    exec: "-w": executable file not found in %PATH%
    Error compiling for board Sanguino W/ ATmega1284p 16mhz.

Yet I have the proper board chosen and the proper settings in place for everything else.  I read in only one other location that installing more board options would work, but I already have the correct board selected.  Is there some other setting or requirement I'm missing here?
  • Okay, I used an older version of arduino, version 1.0.6, instead of
    1.6.8 and it recognized both my older sanguino communication files under the hardware folder as
    well as my firmware in a much easier fashion.  Everything seems to be
    taken care of as a result.