Need Help, Huge version jump

Hi, so I am taking a movement out of bashing my head against the desk to ask for help. I have built a rostock mini pro based on plans, part of this was a pre-configured repetier firmware. A firmware build from 2013. During the building of my printer I tweaked all sorts of values to get it to work, so fast forward to today. I have been battling with my high detail prints locking up and keeping the heater on. so I came across an article where this problem was identified and fixed in a newer version of the firmware, this was also from 2013.

So now I am trying to merge into the latest firmware, and I can't get things to line up. so much is different. at this point, my Z "0" is trying to go 70mm below my table and the effector is bowling something major. I have remeasured and transferred over all the relevant numbers I can find. But I also find settings that are missing. For example, I can't find where I would configure these:

#define DELTA_DRIVE_TYPE 0

#if DELTA_DRIVE_TYPE == 0
      /** \brief Pitch in mm of drive belt. GT2 = 2mm */
      #define BELT_PITCH 2
      /** \brief Number of teeth on X, Y and Z tower pulleys */
      #define PULLEY_TEETH 36
      #define PULLEY_CIRCUMFERENCE (BELT_PITCH * PULLEY_TEETH)
    #elif DELTA_DRIVE_TYPE == 1
      /** \brief Filament pulley diameter in milimeters */
      #define PULLEY_DIAMETER 10
      #define PULLEY_CIRCUMFERENCE (PULLEY_DIAMETER * 3.1415927)
    #endif

/** \brief Steps per rotation of stepper motor */
    #define STEPS_PER_ROTATION 200

Here is my OLD Config:

Here is my current Broken Config:

I appreciate any help I can get, thank you.

Comments

• Why dont you loas your old config file into the online repetier configurator
  • Why dont you loas your old config file into the online repetier configurator
    I do believe that's where I started. been at this a little while and honestly can't remember. I will try that again though.
  • yup no good. a lot of data is missing. comes in with most of the default values. wrong printer type even.
  • In config tool you just set the steps per mm computed otherwise in configuration.h. That is simple math and easier then different pathes to set same value.

Same with horizontal radius. We do take bigger distance and subtract effector distance and glider distance to rotation axis, we take the result. If you don't you hit floor to early, maybe that is your problem?

Config tool upgrade does not work with such old config that was not created with the tool, so you must do what you did and start by scratch.

Last thing is that you may have changed data in eeprom that got lost with the upgrade. With so much new parameter you should overwrite the eeprom anyway to be sure everything is set correctly (M502 then M500). 
  • Same with horizontal radius. We do take bigger distance and subtract effector distance and glider distance to rotation axis, we take the result. If you don't you hit floor to early, maybe that is your problem?
    I think my solution is in this sentence, but I am having a hard time following it. Is "DELTA_MAX_RADIUS" the same as printer radius? the nomenclature doesn't line up with the diagram and I feel like I am guessing. Also, what is the glider distance and how do you set it? I am assuming the glider is the carriage that travels up and down the vertical track.

I do believe the original firmware that I was using had the eeprom features disabled.

Thanks again.
  • ok, I have that part figured out now. had to re-calculate the steps per mm on each stepper/tower. Everything is looking pretty good so far. still have to do a test print.

one more thing, trying to level my bed, I am getting a little bit of bowling. I.e if I level my bed near each tower with a piece of paper, the center (0,0,0) is still a touch higher (larger gap). Do I adjust Diagonal rod error column A/B/C to correct this?