Y axis Issues| Sunhokey Prusa i3

To keep things simple guys, i am relatively new to 3d printing and know very little when i comes to firmware. The issue that i am running into is that my Y axis on all prints is printing approximately 7.5 mm to large. I noticed it first when trying to print circular prints but it is a problem on all prints. How would i go about fixing this? 

Comments

• Change in eeprom y steps per mm. You need a bigger block in y directio lets say 100mm and print it and measure. Then change value to

newvalue = oldvalue*100/measured_length
  • ok and how would i access the eeprom settings?

• In host select Config->Firmware EEPROM when connected.
  • OK I went to go to the eeprom settings but I can not click on the option. My printer is connected and powered on. Any idea on why I can't select it?
    The only thing I can think that could be causing the issue would be the fact that I have to stop the local server to connect to my printer. Not sure if it has anything to do with it but its the only other issue I have.

here's a screenshot:
  • It only enables if it detects marlin or repetier using the M115 string. Your firmware then seems to have a unknown identifier. If it is repetier you can still switch to repetier-server which has a firmware selector in config and does not rely on M115 any more. For marlin use the according M commands.
  • So how would I go about accessing these config menu in the repiteir server?

• When connected in repetier-server go to printer and select eeprom. Works only for repetier firmware, though.
  • well after all this i'm not very certain i will be able to just trouble shoot this. Is there any guides or videos you know of to reset or wipe a printers firmware and software? possibly a dumb quistion i know
  • I would really appreciate a reply to this because it is seriously effecting my ability to print anything. How do i get my printer to use Repetier firmware?
  • Read on our homepage the firmware documentation and use the online configuration tool is the easiest way. But you will need to know your hardware to set it up correctly. Most problematic are normally thermistor type, everything else can be guessed quite well.