Calibration using experimental G100 in 0.92.5 dev

Hi, I've been testing out the G100 delta calibration with firmware 0.92.5. I don't fully understand how it is used even though I followed the directions in Direct-Calibrate.pdf. Can you please clarify. Here's what I'm doing:

1. I set Z_MAX_LENGTH to distance from tip of nozzle to bed surface when printer is homed. I use the same value for X_MAX_LENGTH & Y_MAX_LENGTH as instructed.

2. I go to position in front of X tower, lower until nozzle just touches the glass and send g100 x. Host displays "X (A) tower floor set to: 0.000". X min pos is updated in eeprom accordingly.

3. I home with G28 and move to position in front of Y tower, lower until nozzle touches the glass and send g100 y. Host displays "17:28:50.986 : Y (B) tower floor set to: 1.200". Y min pos is updated in eeprom accordingly.

4. I home again and move to position in front of Z tower, lower until nozzle touches the glass and send g100 z. Host displays "Z (C) tower floor set to: 2.000". Z min pos is updated in eeprom accordingly.

I home with G28 and now when I go back to verify these settings the X tower is perfect, but Y tower is now touching the glass at height 1.2mm again. So I enter g100 y again to update the value, host displays "Y (B) tower floor set to: 2.400" (doubling previous value) and do the same for Z tower since it's touching again at height 2mm with the same doubling of Z min pos. This goes on forever if I keep checking the towers and they always touch at the same initial position.

I reset all min pos back to 0 and tried again, this time after doing the 3 towers I just moved on to the radius calibration by touching the glass in the center and entering g100 r "Rod Radius set to: 86.790". Still it's not giving me the result I expected. First time I tried without homing between locations but I got the exact same results.

Can someone please clarify how I should be using this calibration method? Should I be homing between each step or is that unnecessary?

My guess is that I should line up all my endstops so they all have approx the same height before trying? But it seems like this calibration should fix any difference in endstop offsets.

Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated. I normally calibrate with Rich Catell's Marlin and then port the values over to Repetier FW but I would rather just do everything in Repetier from the start. I love this firmware, so much smoother than marlin!

Thanks in advance. =)

Comments

• edited October 2015
    I should note that the radius did calculate correctly so that part is working.
  • Good Evening

I also interested in this procedure.
    But, as described above, I did not understand.
    Where can I find documentation ?

Thank you
    Sandro
  • edited March 2016
    Disable stepper motors. Then position the carriages so they are all exactly the same distances as measured from the bottom. The run the G132 S1 command. Offsets are measured and saved in eeprom.