MKS-Base V1.4

Hey guys,

Im getting these erors when i validate my firmware. 

motherboard MKS-Base v1.4  (RAMPS v1.4)

Arduino: 1.6.6 (Windows 10), Board:"Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from sketch\Repetier.h:198:0,

from sketch\Printer.cpp:19:

sketch\Printer.cpp: In static member function 'static void Printer::showConfiguration()':

Configuration.h:47: error: 'ORIG_FAN2_PIN' was not declared in this scope

#define FAN_PIN ORIG_FAN2_PIN

^

sketch\Printer.cpp:1856:30: note: in expansion of macro 'FAN_PIN'

Com::config(PSTR("Fan:"),FAN_PIN > -1 && FEATURE_FAN_CONTROL);

^

exit status 1
'ORIG_FAN2_PIN' was not declared in this scope

I have 2 extruders that have both 1 one fan for cooling the extruders, that fan connects to digital pin 11 

my print cooling fan connects to the fan header on the print.

in my arduino code both extruders can acces the digital pin 11 fan, even if i allow one to use the fan i still get the error. 

any suggestions what i am doing wrong?? 

Comments

• Ramps has only 1 fan so fan 2 variable is not defined, so do not use it in your configuration! Apperently you set fan to fan 2 in config tool.

• thanks for clearing that up,

still i want to configure these pins for like case lights and eventually to power a spindel. (esc and brushless dc motor, dont know if that wil work but we shall see) 

is there a way to configure these pins (i guess u need to configure every pin yourself ). 

• You have 3 powered 12v pins and you can each assign exactly one function, what function is up to you. Bed and extruder are used so this leaves the fan pin in the middle for fan/light or whatever. Just make sure no other function uses it. With proper electronics you can also amplify other pins e.g. with fan extender for RAMPS.
  • oke thanks