RepRapDiscount Full Graphic on a Megatronics 3.0 -> all pixel on

Hello

If I want to use the RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller an a Megatronics 3.0, all pixel are on. If I use the Marlin firmware it works.

Do I have to choose anything more than the appropriate entry for the display at the firmware 0.92.7?

Comments

• That will not work since we have no pinout for Megatronics 3 + RRD graphic smart controller. Please check ui.h where you find this:

#else  // Smartcontroller

#if MOTHERBOARD == 701 // Megatronics v2.0

#define UI_DISPLAY_RS_PIN 14
    #define UI_DISPLAY_RW_PIN -1
    #define UI_DISPLAY_ENABLE_PIN 15
    #define UI_DISPLAY_D4_PIN 30
    #define UI_DISPLAY_D5_PIN 31
    #define UI_DISPLAY_D6_PIN 32
    #define UI_DISPLAY_D7_PIN 33
    #define UI_ENCODER_A 61
    #define UI_ENCODER_B 59
    #define UI_ENCODER_CLICK 43
    #define UI_RESET_PIN 66 // was 41 //AE3 was here and added this line 1/25/2014  (Note pin 41 is Y- endstop!)
    #define UI_INVERT_MENU_DIRECTION 1

which is the section that adjusts pins for megatronics 2.0. Add such a section for your board and adjust pins accordingly. Maybe they are the same, I don't know. Have no megatronics boards at all. WIth right pin definitions you will see a display. If it works let us know the pinout and we can add it for future releases.

• Thank you for your answer.

I could figured out the following adjustments for the pins:

#elif MOTHERBOARD == 703 // Megatronics v3.0

#define UI_DISPLAY_RS_PIN 32
    #define UI_DISPLAY_RW_PIN -1
    #define UI_DISPLAY_ENABLE_PIN 31
    #define UI_DISPLAY_D4_PIN 14
    #define UI_DISPLAY_D5_PIN 30
    #define UI_DISPLAY_D6_PIN 39
    #define UI_DISPLAY_D7_PIN 15
    #define UI_ENCODER_A 45
    #define UI_ENCODER_B 44
    #define UI_ENCODER_CLICK 33
    #define UI_INVERT_MENU_DIRECTION 1
  • Great. Have added it for next update, so next version will contain your setting.
  • edited February 2016
    Hello
    I have the same problem.. the firmware is up to date (0.92.8) and ui.h has the correct pinout for megatronics 3.. but the pixels still all on.
    With marlin firmware it works. 

I have to change somethings?
  • Are the pin numbers the same as with marlin? I don't know how RRD FGC and megatronics work, meaning if there is a unique adapter or if it even matches directly on the socket or if it is possible to connect cables the wrong way. But since you see pixels you must have 5V/GND correct so at least that cable seems to be ok,
  • Yes, the pins are the same and the cable is in the same position, I really don't understand.. The only weird fact is that in pins.h on repetier the LCD section on megatronics is commented.. Could be that the megatronics pins in ui.h are under a wrong controller?
  • Selecting FEATURE_CONTROLLER 11 should be all needed to select that pin configuration. Add inside the block a
    #error usedThis
    to test. It should then create a compile error so you see that part is what gets used.