low space

over time my free space has dropped to now ~70mb

are this prints that take up space and so where on webpage for repetier server do i delete all temp files

on a raspberry pi but this should be a function on the webpage

Comments

• There are 3 sources
    1. Log files. You can delete them if you go to log files. We only keep last 5 to prevent too much use. You can disabling logging there as well.
    2. Uploaded gcodes take place as long as they are there. They generate some dependent files, but deleting the gcode model in frontend deletes them as well (preview image, info files).
    3. Timelapse videos never get deleted and can take much space. So make sure to delete them when not needed any more.

These is also a server log but that gets rotated after some size, so should be no problem.

• 3... no cam connected so thats not the issue... 

2... frontend... repetier host? or repetier server webpage? and where in those do i delete?

would it be possible to make the whole SD card read only and do any subsequent saves to an USB dongle?
  • Both fronend and host work. To delete hit the red delete button you see in the list of gcodes.
  • oki.... thanks for help on this one
  • Hi,

I have the same problem. I use Webcam on Raspberry PI 2 and I noticed that capturing video consume lot of disk space.

For example, I started a 8h print (1.1s of capture frequency to have a good video)  with 5.4GB free disk space and after only 40% of it I had less then 1GB of free disk space. Now I'm at 48% and I have 200MB free disk space.

I suggest to made the video capturing directory tunable in web GUI (like ffmpeg directory)  so I can choose an external space (for example USB storage connected on RaspBerry) leaving internal disk free of video charge.

BR
    Rosario
  • 1.1s is high frequency:-) and yes it will then take much disk space. I normally use every 0.1mm height change as criterion. That gives some nice videos without being too long. After all you will not really see how a layer is printed so why making snapshots of nearly unvisible changes.

The problem with the directory is that is is a subdirectory of the printer as it is printer related and every printer has it's own timelapse directory. What is possible if you have a external disk with more space is to move the whole storage directory to an external disk, so the pi never has a disk memory problem. See docs about the conf files you read at startup. Create a copy with modified values as described in manual.
  • OK.

I'll do it.

In a general discussion, the problem may still remain if we have long printing time (dozzens or more hours with hundreds of layers).

I tryed lots of parameters, in layers or seconds. With few images the video results too fast to see in an usefull way.

I've seen that with 1.1s the resulting video is acceptable but I need more disk spaces.

In any case, I'll do as you suggested. I'll inform you how does it work.

BR
    Rosario