Repetier Server as Camera only Server

Hi,

I have klipperised all my printers using the Sonic pad. But since it doesn#t support more than 1 camera, I wanted to use the cameras connected to my repetier server as streamcams with the sonic pad.
Unfortunately as long as repetier server doesn't see and connected printers, it doesn't seem to start the cameras.
I have tho got to a printer setup screen and "restart webcam server" to get them working.
I know this is not the intended function of repetier, but maybe there is a way to do it anyways?
TIA

Comments

• That should not be necessary. The pi webcams are controlled by mjpg_stremer which gets started automatically at boot time or any time a webcam gets added or removed due to watching usb. And if restart function makes it work it is configured correctly. So try after bootup in terminal
    dmesg
    or check /var/log/syslog and you should see it trying to start. If that fails you hopefully also see why. I never start it manually so there must be something that prevents it or stops it later.

Also after boot check if streamer are running
    ps aux | grep mjpg

• Thanks, but I really don#t know what I am looking for.

The output of the dmesg command ends with:

[   13.034450] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
    [ 13.634543] usb 1-1.2: reset high-speed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
    [ 14.704566] usb 1-1.3: reset high-speed USB device number 4 using xhci_hcd
    [ 15.154559] usb 1-1.4: reset high-speed USB device number 5 using xhci_hcd
    [ 17.940684] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
    [ 31.834494] cam-dummy-reg: disabling

and the ps command gives
    pi@RepetierServer:~ $ ps aux | grep mjpg
    root 974 0.0 0.1 23480 4028 ? Sl 11:57 0:00 /usr/local/bin/mjpg_streamer -i /usr/local/lib/mjpg-streamer/input_uvc.so -d /dev/video0 --fps 30 -q 85 -r 640x480 -o /usr/local/lib/mjpg-streamer/output_http.so -p 8082 -w /usr/local/share/mjpg-streamer/www -b
    root 1000 0.0 0.1 118756 4036 ? Sl 11:57 0:00 /usr/local/bin/mjpg_streamer -i /usr/local/lib/mjpg-streamer/input_uvc.so -d /dev/video2 --fps 25 -q 85 -r 640x480 -o /usr/local/lib/mjpg-streamer/output_http.so -p 8083 -w /usr/local/share/mjpg-streamer/www -b
    root 1027 0.0 0.1 60360 3976 ? Sl 11:57 0:00 /usr/local/bin/mjpg_streamer -i /usr/local/lib/mjpg-streamer/input_uvc.so -d /dev/video4 --fps 25 -q 85 -r 640x480 -o /usr/local/lib/mjpg-streamer/output_http.so -p 8086 -w /usr/local/share/mjpg-streamer/www -b
    pi 7552 0.0 0.0 7452 588 pts/0 S+ 12:55 0:00 grep --color=auto mjpg

But trying to call one of the cameras using the given  port just shows the landing page of the mjpeg streamer with no video

• Look slike they are running
    > But trying to call one of the cameras using the given  port just shows the landing page of the mjpeg streamer with no video

That is correct. Select stream image and right click on the img stream. You can then open image in new tab or copy the image url, which is what you need. Same as in  Repetier-Server just with public ip and not 127.0.0.1
  • I'm sorry, but that does not work.
    I still have to restart the webcam server to get the stream working
  • So you mean the mjpg streamer ui is working, but it does not show the video streams?
    Is this also with repetier interface that you need to restart? Then I assume something goes wrong also I can not say what. One solution would be to automatically restart all webcams after a minute when booting instead of doing it manually. E.g. in /etc/rc.local before the exit command you can add something like

echo "/usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/startAllCams" | at now + 1 minute

but most likely at is not installed so run

sudo apt update
    sudo apt install at

• edited May 2023
    Ok, just tested: /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/startAllCams doesn't change anything.
    I still have to go in the frontends setup and click "restart webcam server" to get it working.
    So the webfrontend must do something different.
  • It must be exected as root like
    sudo /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/startAllCams
    which is the same as the button does.
    I think rc.local is executed as root so I omitted sudo.
  • That finally did the trick.
    I really appreciate your patience.
    Thanks