Silent Install on version 2.3.1

Hi All,

I was just wondering if you could give me some help. I am trying to silently install Repetier Host using /Silent /NCRC as mentioned in a previous forum post however after changing the switches to ones that somewhat work I can't get the it to fully install.

The issue I am getting with the install is that Repetier server is also packaged in with the host install and after the host has installed with the switches it then gives a pop up to install the server so doesn't fully go through. Do you have any ideas what switches I could use for this? I have tried /H & /Help for extra help but not had any luck with /VERYSILENT, /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES, /CLOSEAPPLICATIONS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kind Regards,
Ben

Comments

• I think 
    /MERGETASKS="!server"

would exclude the server component from default selection.
  • edited March 2023
    Howdy! I had to figure out silent installation today & couldn't find a solution to this online, so just leaving my own findings :) 

The server install option is a 'component', not a 'task', so you'll have to define which components should be selected in the silent install parameters. The Inno Setup command line documentation was super helpful to reference. To get the exact parameters for the Components command, I ran through the setup with /SAVEINF="filename" , which will spit out a configuration file with all of your desired options.

The command I used for silent install is as follows:
    .\setupRepetierHost_2_3_1.exe /COMPONENTS="Components=app,slicer,slicer\curaengine,slicer\slic3r,slicer\slic3rpe,assoc,assoc\stl,assoc\ast,assoc\3mf,assoc\obj,assoc\amf,assoc\gcode,assoc\gco,assoc\g" /MERGETASKS="desktopicon" /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /CLOSEAPPLICATIONS

This command installs Repetier-Host without the server, sets all file associations, and adds a shortcut to the desktop. 

My only remaining issue that @Repetier would have to fix on their end is silent uninstall. Per Inno Setup's documentation, /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES should automatically answer any/all message boxes with few exceptions. The uninstaller for Repetier-Host does work up until the very end of uninstallation, but the 'keep registry settings?' message box refuses to respect the message box suppression parameter.

I've opened a ticket up for the uninstall issue (217528), but hope this helps anyone trying to install silently! I'm currently packaging this program for our highschool engineering student laptops via Intune, and having the ability to uninstall silently is a necessity. 

• For completeness the installer for 2.3.1 downloaded after 8 march 2023 can du silent uninstall with

"C:\Program Files\Repetier-Host\unins000.exe" /VERYSILENT /delregistry
  • edited March 2023
    Repetier said:
    For completeness the installer for 2.3.1 downloaded after 8 march 2023 can du silent uninstall with

"C:\Program Files\Repetier-Host\unins000.exe" /VERYSILENT /delregistry
    Thank you so much for the quick turnaround on this! I can confirm that the new installs can be silently uninstalled with the switches above. With this, silent install & uninstall is now complete! I hope the above dialogs are helpful to @Benjamin68 & anyone else with silent deployment needs. 

For posterity, here's the silent uninstall command i'm using in Intune (leverages programfiles environmental variable for more flexibility) 

"%ProgramFiles%\Repetier-Host\unins000.exe" /VERYSILENT /delregistry

InTune specific, here are my detection rules (does not check for version, won't be a necessity for us): 

Rules Type: File
    Path: %ProgramFiles%\Repetier-Host
    File or Folder: RepetierHost.exe
    Detection Method: File or folder exists
    Associated with a 32-bit app on 64-bit clients: No