Buffer?

I'm not 100% sure if this is just related to my Geeetech A30T printers or my other ones too. I have a Creality Ender 3v2 and Max, an Elegoo Neptune 2D and a Prusa Mini. Though at the moment those are not in service.

When I issue a stop, other than an M112, it seems like the two Geeetechs continue to print for about a minute instead of stopping within a few seconds. The M112 shuts it down right away as it should.

Is there a print buffer in Repetier that sends say about a minute's worth of g-code to the machine and that is what it is finishing off?

Or could it be the Geeetech pulling that much gcode and it it the printer's firmware (which is SmartTouch or SmartTool or something like that. NOT Marlin 1.0 or 2.0) I wouldn't mind getting repetier firmware on it if possible. Though the last time I tried a non-factory firmware on the g-tech I bricked the board and Geeetech was kind enough to send me a replacement.

Comments

• It is a combination. For good prints a printer needs to buffer moves ahead to optimize the movement path so all printers have a move buffer of at least 16 some more.
    When you are not using ping pong mode to optimize speed there might be a few more moves in command queue in addition.

M112 works so fast because you probably have emergency command support in firmware and server therefore enforces it to be send directly. Plut it resets or stopps printer without finishing moves so appears faster.