How to unregister OEM Server and remove license key before building an image for distribution.

As I'm working on configurations for my OEM version of Repetier Server, I need to register it as an OEM version, make some changes, unregister, remove the registration, and then create an image. How do I remove the license key after it is unregistered? If I delete the key and then reboot the server, it shows the old key. The second issue, which hasn't come up yet, is that I might register the server and then due to a failure, need to reload or replace the server. But then I can't use the registration key because it says it is already registered. Is there a way to unregister the key so it can be used on another server?

Comments

• Sorry. No edit button on forum.
    Linux Ambian
  • It's not the only thing you need to reset. On our pi image ther eis a script /usr/local/Repetier-Setup/bin/prepareSnapshot that does cleanup for creating our images. Important part for server configs (after stopping sever)
    rm /var/lib/Repetier-Server/database/key*
    rm /var/lib/Repetier-Server/database/user*
    rm /var/lib/Repetier-Server/database/work*
    rm /var/lib/Repetier-Server/database/repetier-network*
    rm /var/lib/Repetier-Server/database/externalLinks.json
    rm /var/lib/Repetier-Server/database/gpio.json
    rm /var/lib/Repetier-Server/database/webcalls.json
    Most important is key.sql as it also contains uuid which should be unique, server name and some more settings. Then users, network settings, gpio settings etc in case you have not set some special settings into them. We don't so we delete them for empty start.
    Also remember to reset ssh key so every instance has own key and reset wifi settings and add marker to expand file system on first startup in case the sd card is bigger than the original.
  • But.....what you didn't answer was how to unregister a license if I am unable to run the registered server because of a fault. 
  • If server can nor run, you can not unrigester. Contact our support with license key and we can reset it. Guess you wont make that an image cause otherwise all would see the key later if you did not delete the key.sql file but will get blocked for license overusage.