ENder 3 S-1 sendor filament doesn't function when print activated via Repetier-Server

Hello, i'm here again with a new question...
I've discover that the filament sensor installed on my Creality Ender 3 S-1, doesn't function when the print is load and controlled from Repetier (pratically if the filament run out, the printer continue like nothing happen...), otherwhise yes (ex. if activated via SD card).
Is there any workaround?

Comments

• Check the log if there is a message when printer runs out of filament. Unfortunately some are configured to say nothing when not printing from sd card and without message we can not see and react. In that case you need to upload a different firmware compilation where a message gets send or connect a sensor to your pi if you use one and read it out in  Repetier-Server .
  • edited February 2023
    Repetier said:
    Check the log if there is a message when printer runs out of filament. Unfortunately some are configured to say nothing when not printing from sd card and without message we can not see and react. In that case you need to upload a different firmware compilation where a message gets send or connect a sensor to your pi if you use one and read it out in  Repetier-Server .
    Unfortunately not...i've looked for the message but nothing happen...i've written to Creality help desk...i hope in an update in the future.

Have you hany suggest for a Raspebby pi sensor instead? 

If i buy one and connect it at a rasp PIN IN, how can I read this input and put a message to Repetier? There is any tutorial/python code already written?
  • See https://www.repetier-server.com/gpio-tutorial/ on how to program it. I had same issue with my sidewinder and wired their sensor so no new sensor required. There are several youtube tutorials on this where you see how to do the wiring.