Prusa MK3S with MMU2s for single color print - how to set extruder (filament number)?

Hello, I just installed repetitier server on my Prusa MK3S with MMU2s.

My issue is with print for Single color - I set the print and printer is waiting for which filament to print (from 1 to 5) so I have to go to the printer and setup manually. Is it possible to do it somehow in Repetitier? I mean for example choose extruder (filament) #5 and print?

Comments

• Problem is how T codes are handled. See
    https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/prusa-spezifische-g-codes_112173/#t-codes
    for Tx, Tc , t?

I think you have Tx in your start g-code. That means select an extruder AT display - communication is interrupted here.

You can remove that from start script, so you do not get asked. Printer will then use the currently active extruder without asking.

You can also add in server configuration  a replacement to replace it with nothing so it strips them always. This is ok if you always want that behaviour.

• Repetier said:
    Problem is how T codes are handled. See
    https://help.prusa3d.com/en/article/prusa-spezifische-g-codes_112173/#t-codes
    for Tx, Tc , t?

I think you have Tx in your start g-code. That means select an extruder AT display - communication is interrupted here.

You can remove that from start script, so you do not get asked. Printer will then use the currently active extruder without asking.

You can also add in server configuration  a replacement to replace it with nothing so it strips them always. This is ok if you always want that behaviour.

Thank you very much!
  • We had this problem in the past and I think it was possible to select the extruder instead of always adapting the code. I left after 1.0.1 and thought I'd test the latest version. Unfortunately I have to say that the behaviour of the repetier in connection with the MMU2s is still bad to unusable. Why can't there simply be a pop-up where you select the extruder, as with other providers?
  • The extruder selection command is ron on printer and printer intern. It could use host prompt to ask using host, but it does not do it.

You could catch it for g-code replacement and replace it with a dialog or change the slicer start g-code to not add that command.