Localhost and Unthethered Raspberry Pi

I am setting up Repetier Server Pro in a building with no internet. The print farm will be 100% offline on purpose. Two questions have developed.

1) How to set up Repetier Server Pro 1.4.2 Raspberry Pi image V33 using localhost. I can't seem to figure this out. (Klipper is the firmware.)

2) My Raspberry Pi 4B 2GB seems to not play nice with my Windows 10 laptop so I have decided to use the Raspberry Pi as a stand- alone computer with a monitor, keyboard and mouse. Files will be transferred from Repetier Host to an SD card. SD card files will be manually transferred to the Pi which will have a USB3.0 SD card reader for input to Repetier Server.  The Pi will only operate Repetier Server. Does this sound like it will work?

Great Products! I appreciate the help!

Comments

• First note that for activating pro license and for klipper installation you need internet access for the pi. After that is done, no internet is required.

For configuration you need the regular GUI that is not on the touch screen by default. If the pi is in access point mode (you can set new password and host name for it) you can use mobile or laptop to connect to wifi. Klipper installation is documented in our manual. But defining the klipper konfig is better done on laptop so better connect pi and laptop. As said do this wher einternet is available or it will fail due to not being able to download klipper installer.

Our image has build in support for usb sticks. You can copy files to usb and in touch screen use the import function to import gcodes from usb stick. Then you can just print them. usb sd card with sd card in it does the same, so any way will work.

• I got everything set up. Brand new 24" TV/Monitor, Raspberry Pi 4B, Raspberry Pi mouse and keyboard. TV/Monitor has HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 plus several other ports for a variety of connections. TV/Monitor was recommended for Raspberry Pi use. No internet connection. 

When turned on I get a giant touchscreen. I can't figure out how to get the regular GUI to work. 

There is some limited functionality from the keyboard like F Keys but not from the mouse.  Server is running from what I can tell and everything is the latest version available. Pro version is on the Raspberry Pi.

Any ideas on how to get regular GUI to work? Thank you for the help!
  • Ok, that is not the planned usage, but with pi 4 and enough ram might work. Your main issue is that you do not see the desktop (alt+tab migh show it) and chromium gets started full screen in kiosk mode.

You can edit the file
    /home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart
    There you see how we start chromium on bootup:
    chromium-browser --force-device-scale-factor=1 --disable-features=TranslateUI,Translate --app-auto-launched --disable-pinch --noerrdialogs --disable-suggestions-service --disable-translate --disable-save-password-bubble --disable-session-crashed-bubble --disable-infobars --touch-events=disabled --disable-gesture-typing --kiosk --check-for-update-interval=31536000 --remote-debugging-port=9222 http://127.0.0.1:3344/modules/front2/app/app.html &

If you want regular gui in full screen just replace url with http://127.0.0.1:3344 and you are done. If you want to see window handles in case you open tabs, other pages etc remove the --kiosk parameter. Not sure if it then always open in same position. But now you can do what you want or add options for position/szie to open. Google might know them:-)
  • A quick follow up the close the issue.

I tested multiple configurations of Repetier Server with my hardware and all worked perfectly. Except one. The one that did not work is the version that created the original question. 

My conclusion is that it is a hardware issue between the Raspberry Pi and the particular Windows 10 laptop I have on hand for the display. 

Thank you for the help!