raspberry pi can't connect

Hi. I'd be thrilled to buy Repetier Server if I can get it to work.

Running Mac Big Sur on a 2013 Macbook Pro.

I have followed this video instruction: (69) Repetier Server Raspberry Pi Image Installation - YouTube

My PI is a 4B Model. 

I was able to log in to the PI using the Repetierserver wifi. I then set the region, changed to the correct time zone and entered my local wifi password without incident. It lost connection like in the video, so I restarted the PI and the Mac, but it simply will not find it when I enter: HTTP://repetier-server.local in the browser. I have tried both MS Edge & Safari, but no luck.

Thank you,

Comments

• Actually the url has changed some years ago. You should try http://repetierserver.local/ and hopefully that is the only issue. You can also use the ip. If you go to your router url there is normally a page showing connected IPs. But correct url should already help. Since it disappeared permanently I assume it really switched to network, otherwise it would come back to access point mode after some time.
  • Repetier said:
    Actually the url has changed some years ago. You should try http://repetierserver.local/ and hopefully that is the only issue. You can also use the ip. If you go to your router url there is normally a page showing connected IPs. But correct url should already help. Since it disappeared permanently I assume it really switched to network, otherwise it would come back to access point mode after some time.
    So the Repetier Vids are a little outdated? I think this worked. However, I had installed it on my Mac before the installation on the PI. Now I'm trying to figure out how to uninstall Repetier Server from the Mac. And how to connect the PI install with the Repetier Host that is installed on the Mac. Thanks much!
  • On mac run in terminal
    sudo /usr/local/Repetier-Server/bin/fulluninstall.sh

to uninstall. Or leave it to outsource slow operations to mac by setting in connectivity the mac as compute target.

Mac host can not connect to server - only windows host can do so. On mac you could use Prusa-Slicer - it has a uploader that also supports Repetier-Server, so you can upload sliced models directly. For controlling the printer you would use the server anyway and in future it will get a slicer build in as well replacing host functions completely.