Z probing

Hello, When I enable Z probe #error Illegal homing order for z probe based homing! I get an error. How can I fix.

Comments

• You normally set a xy position to probe since you must ensure to probe above bed. So you must home x and y first. Only then you can position xy wise correctly for z position selected. So select a homing order XYZ
  • Should I change "#define Z_PROBE_X_OFFSET 0" and "#define Z_PROBE_Y_OFFSET 0" then?

• No, also probe offset is only 0 if the nozzle is also the probe. It is the distance of probe to reference nozzle.

You should define homing order like
    #define HOMING_ORDER HOME_ORDER_XYTZ

• But it's arranged that way in software
  • No it isn't. Here where the error comes from:
    #if HOMING_ORDER != HOME_ORDER_XYZ && HOMING_ORDER != HOME_ORDER_YXZ && HOMING_ORDER != HOME_ORDER_ZXYTZ && HOMING_ORDER != HOME_ORDER_XYTZ
    #error Illegal homing order for z probe based homing!

You see you only get the error message if none of the 3 homing orders is selected in configuration.h

• Hello, I've solved my other problem, but now I'm getting such a problem while compiling.
  • Can you please show complete error message. You can increase bottom window part. The marked code is ok when I compile, so I need full detail of error message to be sure. Also important is it dev version or older 1.0.4 version?
  • Software version 1.0.4 installed.
    I copied the errors in the compiler into a text document and I'm sending you the link.

Hata txt belge link: https://yadi.sk/d/b4_Xxy99FN0mkQ
  • Can you please test the dev version (1.0.5) instead. In C++ you should if in doubt only check first error message so here:

In file included from E:\McDevrim\3D Printer Ayarlar ve Programlarým\Arduino Yazýlým\Repetier Version 1.0.4\Repetier-Firmware-2022-07-08 - Bedlevel\Repetier-Firmware\Repetier\Repetier.h:735:0,

from E:\McDevrim\3D Printer Ayarlar ve Programlarým\Arduino Yazýlým\Repetier Version 1.0.4\Repetier-Firmware-2022-07-08 - Bedlevel\Repetier-Firmware\Repetier\Distortion.cpp:26:

E:\McDevrim\3D Printer Ayarlar ve Programlarým\Arduino Yazýlým\Repetier Version 1.0.4\Repetier-Firmware-2022-07-08 - Bedlevel\Repetier-Firmware\Repetier\src\SdFat\SdFat.h: In member function 'void SdFileSystem<SdDriverClass>::errorPrint()':

E:\McDevrim\3D Printer Ayarlar ve Programlarým\Arduino Yazýlým\Repetier Version 1.0.4\Repetier-Firmware-2022-07-08 - Bedlevel\Repetier-Firmware\Repetier\src\SdFat\SdFat.h:121:9: error: 'Com' has not been declared

I compiled that at least in dev version lately without issue. So it is either fixed or you have an error in your configuration.h file. You might also try with a fresh configuration.h just with basic settings like board and display to test if compilation works then. Then you know there is a difference causing the error.

• Ok. I will reconfigure the software for version 1.0.5. I have a few questions here too. I am using arduino mega as card. Can I choose EEPROM_MODE = 2 on this board. Does it work. For bed leveling, I don't want it to do it again with every print. I want to do this once and save it to EEPROM and use the same data all the time. Is this possible for arduino mega and ramps 1.4?
  • EEPROM_MODE other than 0 always uses eeprom. If it is different to last value it just restores factory settings, so same like
    M502
    M500
    after start.