offsetting Z

hi. I have a problem with my bio printer. I have to offset z by hand, unless the nozzle wont stop going down until it hits the bed! what should I do? does anyone know?

Comments

• That is more a firmware/printer issue. There should be an official solution to calibrate Z home position such that it works. Either a physical z endstop that gets moved or some firmware configuration that changes z height for homing e.g. stopping sooner. You normally just home Z as firmware needs to know z height so that must work. I know at leat one printer that actually uses the touch with bed as detection method which is actually clever if chaning nozzle/cartridge might lead to slightly different heights. Of course the nozzle must be stiff enough to survive such a touchdown then.

Manual method is just move Z manually and send
    G92 Z0
    to tell firmware to take that as 0 and make sure to not home Z after that. 
  • Repetier said:
    That is more a firmware/printer issue. There should be an official solution to calibrate Z home position such that it works. Either a physical z endstop that gets moved or some firmware configuration that changes z height for homing e.g. stopping sooner. You normally just home Z as firmware needs to know z height so that must work. I know at leat one printer that actually uses the touch with bed as detection method which is actually clever if chaning nozzle/cartridge might lead to slightly different heights. Of course the nozzle must be stiff enough to survive such a touchdown then.

Manual method is just move Z manually and send
    G92 Z0
    to tell firmware to take that as 0 and make sure to not home Z after that. 
    thanks for replying. actually their is a bottom on my firmware to stop the nozzle and set the Z=0. But when I stop printer in the middle of printing, the Z=0 changes to the height that I stopped the printer on, so next time I have to set the Z manually. I don't know if its about software or firmware! can you help?
  • When firmware starts it normally assumes z=0 as it did not home so far. So that is normal. But then you just home and are at correct z=0.

What is the printer manufacturers official solution to homing? How this should work depends on printer I don't know your printer and even if you tell which - I have no bio printer so no idea how they solved it. So bette rask the manufacturer how homing is supposed to work and how to calibrate.