Need User Manual

I am new to 3D printing. I put together a Geeetech Prusa i3 Pro-C Duel head printer. Now I am trying to get it to work. It has the Repetier-Host firmware installed, and Geeetech supplied me with Repetier-Host software. But no instruction manuals. (There version of an instruction manual is how the hardware went together.)

I have not made any successful print with this printer yet. I have run an sti file through the slic3r and saved both .gco and .gcode files to a memory card. Now I am loading a memory card into the printer and asking it to print. After the printer accepts the .gco file, it asks for user input? I don't know what it is requiring. I can turn the dial on it and I see things happening. The problem is that I don't know what I am doing here. In fact, I don't know what most of the options in the display do. And the help tutorials are no help.

Where can I find a REAL user manual that explains everything? Telling me to do A or B is no help. I need to know what I am doing and why I am doing it. Is there a user manual someplace showing how to use this thing?

Once I learn what is happening, I think I can deal with it. Or, at least, ask more intelligent questions.

Comments

• First you should read the host manual. It shows the basic process so you know how to go from a model to a print. On slic3r.org read the slicer manual. It describes the slicer options in more detail so you understand what is going on there.

You could also read the firmware docs to understand better how firmware work, also it is a bit expired and does not cover all new features.