ZAXIS_STEPS_PER_MM no matter the value I enter my Z axis is only moving 20% of required

Just built a printer based on the prusa i3 when compiling everything works but the Z axis is not responding correctly, 8mm lead screw and using a value of 2560 but no matter what value I enter the axis moves only approx 2mm instead of 10 whether value set to 256, 512, 2560 or 12800, compiles and uploads and have changed display to make sure new version loaded. Stumped but it is fri 13th any ideas please?

Comments

• Solved the problem its the Arduino not Repetier when compiled everything replaced except the eprom so need to clear the eprom on the board to get new values loaded. Just ran this Sketch and all is fine in the world again.
    /*
    * EEPROM Clear
    * Sets all of the bytes of the EEPROM to 0.
    * Please see eeprom_iteration for a more in depth
    * look at how to traverse the EEPROM.
    * This example code is in the public domain.
    */

#include <EEPROM.h>

void setup() {

/***
    Iterate through each byte of the EEPROM storage.

Larger AVR processors have larger EEPROM sizes, E.g:
    - Arduno Duemilanove: 512b EEPROM storage.
    - Arduino Uno: 1kb EEPROM storage.
    - Arduino Mega: 4kb EEPROM storage.

Rather than hard-coding the length, you should use the pre-provided length function.
    This will make your code portable to all AVR processors.
    ***/

for (int i = 0 ; i < EEPROM.length() ; i++) {
    EEPROM.write(i, 0);
    }

// turn the LED on when we're done
    digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
    }

void loop() {
    /** Empty loop. **/
    }
  • No need to make this with a sketch. We have gcodes to reinit from configuration and you can also set ne wvalues in eeprom without recompiling, which is why we did it after all.
  • I'm having problems with this problem too. Someone can explain to me how I should do it? (I'm a begginner)
  • Connect with repetier-host or server and select eeprom editor. Change the field with steps per mm for z axis and rehome and test again.