Few issues/questions about version 1.0.4

Hello,
I have installed Repetier firmware version 1.0.4. I got a small print. Looks nice. I'm considering using it but I have a few questions.
After printing,
- The menu cannot be entered and I cannot turn on my safe leds anywhere in the print.
- I can't see active temperatures. I can only see the set values. I don't know how hot the extruder is at that moment.
- I cannot change my motor acceleration settings while printing.
I would be glad if you help.
I wish you good work.

Comments

• Lights are only available and controllable if CASE_LIGHTS_PIN is set to a pin to enable/disable them. Then M355 can also be used in server for example to switch them.

What board and display are you using? Normally you push the button and you are in the menu to do all settings. In overview screen you can switch between screens with left/right turning the encoder. If that does not work the pins are normally wrong - maybe just selected the wrong controller type. Also not all boards support all controller types, so that may also be a problem.

Acceleration can not be changed on the fly. You can change them in eeprom, but should not change them continously.
  • Hello again, My case leds are connected to the correct pin and are working. When the printer is idle, I can choose "Lights=On" or "Lights=Off" in the menu. The problem is that I cannot enter the menu while my 3D printer is printing. I can only see the options you have selected. In summary, I want to turn the lights on and off on the screen while my printer is printing.
  • I am sending two videos for you. We can solve the problem faster and easier.
    The 1st video is in Turkish and if you notice, I cannot interfere with my case leds on the screen after I start printing. If I pause printing then I can enter the main menu. In addition, only the set values of the extruder and bed temperatures can be seen in Turkish.
    Turkish language video link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15mhdVtqHvt2g5ibAQnRljjpGx2-aDJ1a/view?usp=sharing

When the 2nd video is in English and in English, the extruder and bed temperatures appear active. But again, there is no access to the full menu here and I cannot turn my safe leds on or off from the screen.

English language video link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15oVOXJbPOUS2OnKd6ghEBzLlPwRPP1Di/view?usp=sharing

Notes: I receive my prints via SD card
    BOARD: Arduino mega, RAMPS 1.4
  • Ok, so no bug. Only issue is that when printing we remove the control entry in menu as that contains a lot of "bad" commands that destroy print when executed during print. So that won't change, but you can modify it if you like. Open uimenu.h and search this line:

UI_MENU_SUBMENU_FILTER_T(ui_menu_control, UI_TEXT_QUICK_SETTINGS_ID, ui_menu_quick, 0, MENU_MODE_PRINTING)

You see the filter removes the entry if MENU_MODE_PRINTING is active. Replace that with 0 and it should always be visible. Just don't home during a print:-)
  • Repetier said:
    Ok, so no bug. Only issue is that when printing we remove the control entry in menu as that contains a lot of "bad" commands that destroy print when executed during print. So that won't change, but you can modify it if you like. Open uimenu.h and search this line:

UI_MENU_SUBMENU_FILTER_T(ui_menu_control, UI_TEXT_QUICK_SETTINGS_ID, ui_menu_quick, 0, MENU_MODE_PRINTING)

You see the filter removes the entry if MENU_MODE_PRINTING is active. Replace that with 0 and it should always be visible. Just don't home during a print:-)
    Thank you, now i can access the quick settings menu. But part of my problem still persists. I want to use Turkish language, but when Turkish language is set, I cannot see the temperature values in the software. How can i solve this problem.

Here is the link to the image related to the problem.

https://imgyukle.com/f/2022/07/23/Vtizl0.jpg
  • Image does not work.

My initial guess is that the translation is broken. Please check in uilang.h for the english text you see - it might exists several times. The critical parts are the %xx parts that get replaced by the value. My guess is that at same position in turkish there is a typo from the translator. If you tell me where and correct translation I will fix it in dev version.

BTW: You should use 1.0.5dev - that is actually also stable just with all known bus removed and also where I will add all my fixes.
  • Repetier said:
    Image does not work.

My initial guess is that the translation is broken. Please check in uilang.h for the english text you see - it might exists several times. The critical parts are the %xx parts that get replaced by the value. My guess is that at same position in turkish there is a typo from the translator. If you tell me where and correct translation I will fix it in dev version.

BTW: You should use 1.0.5dev - that is actually also stable just with all known bus removed and also where I will add all my fixes.

• uilang.h around lines 3869

#define UI_TEXT_BED_TEMP_TR "Tabla Sic: :%eb/%Eb" cDEG "C"
    #define UI_TEXT_EXTR0_TEMP_TR "Sic. 1 : :%e0/%E0" cDEG "C"
    #define UI_TEXT_EXTR1_TEMP_TR "Sic. 2 : :%e1/%E1" cDEG "C"
    #define UI_TEXT_EXTR2_TEMP_TR "Sic. 3 : :%e2/%E2" cDEG "C"

would be including current temperature as in english version. At least that is what I think where it comes from as it has same text and was missing left temperature part.
  • Repetier said:
    uilang.h around lines 3869

#define UI_TEXT_BED_TEMP_TR "Tabla Sic: :%eb/%Eb" cDEG "C"
    #define UI_TEXT_EXTR0_TEMP_TR "Sic. 1 : :%e0/%E0" cDEG "C"
    #define UI_TEXT_EXTR1_TEMP_TR "Sic. 2 : :%e1/%E1" cDEG "C"
    #define UI_TEXT_EXTR2_TEMP_TR "Sic. 3 : :%e2/%E2" cDEG "C"

would be including current temperature as in english version. At least that is what I think where it comes from as it has same text and was missing left temperature part.
    Thank you for your help. I solved all the problems. Now I can install this version on my printer. There were parts that were missing in the Turkish part. I've completed these too. I am sending you the "uilang.h" file in return for your help. If you examine and use it, at least the Turkish language option will be fully translated. I tried the software on 128x64 graphic display. No issues with alignments or other parts.
    Thank you again.
    "uilang.h" file download link: https://yadi.sk/d/Po7gDvp6WW6VgQ
  • That's the spirit of open software delevlopment:-) Thanks. Have pushed it for 1.0.5 on github already.